This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission. Thanks.
Vitamix is one of the best blender brands on the market. They’re the undisputed champs in the blender game and for good reason. Their blenders are powerful, last forever, and come with an incredible warranty.
We’re huge fans of Vitamix products and have personally bought, used, or tested 10 different models.
If you are looking for a high-performance blender then the Vitamix E320 is the one for you.
The Vitamix E320 is one of the flagship blenders and it’s been one of their top-performing blenders for a long-time. The product has been replaced by the newer E310, but it’s still a great buy.
We’re going to do a deep dive Vitamix E320 review so that you can know everything you need to know.
Our team has spent over 50 hours researching and comparing all of the most popular blenders. We’ve written over 60 articles helping people find the best blender for their specific needs. We’ve read through hundreds of customer testimonials and personally tested 50+ blenders from brands like Ninja, Vitamix, Oster, NutriBullet, and more.
Quick Summary: Vitamix E320 Review
The Vitamix E320 was first introduced in 2017 as part of the Explorian series. This blender, alongside the E310, is marketed as a budget-friendly alternative to some of Vitamix’s preceding models.
Despite being sold for a reduced price, the Vitamix E320 comes with high-end features such as a 2.2 horsepower motor, which is extremely powerful for an entry-level blender. Other beneficial features of this product include its 64 oz capacity classic container. Although not the biggest, this is pretty sizable relative to other compact blenders on the market.
Somewhat of a technological step back from Vitamix’s previous Ascent series, which featured touch screen controls, the Vitamix E320 features a simple button control panel. This 3-button setup arguably makes the E320 simpler to use than some of its more advanced predecessors and definitely easier to master the perfect blend.
A highlight of these physical buttons is the pulse feature, which can be easily pressed as little or as much as is required. There are 10 different speeds available, which can be changed depending on the type of food you are blending. Changing the speed can also speed up the rate at which the food is prepared, with the top speed producing a perfect blend in minutes. The pulse feature makes this blender a great option to use the Vitamix as a food processor.
The main drawbacks of the Vitamix E320 are that there is no automatic option and that it can be quite noisy at times.
- 2.2 HP – This is a much more powerful motor than some of the other blenders in the Vitamix range and ensures efficiency.
- Easy to clean – All you’re required to do is fill it with warm, soapy water (dish soap will do) to the halfway point and put the lid back on. Next, turn the machine up to its highest setting, and let it run for around 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- 7-year warranty period: When you buy an E320 from Vitamix, your purchase is protected by a 7-year warranty. This gives you peace of mind, guaranteeing a repair or replacement in the event of a technical fault.
- Easy storage – This compact model can easily be kept in the cupboard beside other kitchen appliances.
- Pulse feature – The pulse feature makes blending chunky food a breeze. It also allows you to experiment with different textures.
- More affordable – This Vitamix blender is meant to perform just as well as the company’s other products, except for a fraction of the price.
- Durable blender – Although cheaper than some models, the E320 is made using the same materials and is just as durable.
- Long blades – The stainless steel blades found inside the Vitamix E320 are 4 inches in length, allowing them to make broader contact with the food. This blade length also creates hot friction, which is great when making hot soups.
- Lack of variety – The Vitamix E320 is only available in two colors.
- Can be noisy – The E320 doesn’t have the most effective noise dampening technology. This means that, depending on what you’re blending, the E320 can get as loud as 100 decibels.
- There’s no automatic blending option – You’ve got to control the blender manually at all times. There is no option to leave it on an automatic blend setting.
- Bulkier model – The E320 has a 64-ounce container that may prove burdensome for smaller kitchens. Weighing in at 13 pounds, it’s also quite heavy – which is certainly something to bear in mind before purchasing.
Things We Learned After Testing the Vitamix E320
We recently tested the Vitamix E320 and identified a number of key things to know. These are the kinds of insights you won’t read on the manufacturer’s box.
- You must ramp the speed up – This blender comes with a knob that you turn from 1 up to 10 for speed. The key is to slowly turn the speed up while you’re blending. If you start out at level 10, it won’t work well and might splatter all over your kitchen or the blades will get stuck.
- Wider base + bigger blades is pro! – The design difference of the E320 is that it comes with a wider container / base and longer blades. This makes it great for making smaller batches of food and for smoothies with less liquid.
- Clean right away – The self cleaning function of the Vitamix works incredibly well, but only if you do it right when you’re done blending. If you wait too long the food will have time to harden and get stuck.
- It moves – This blender is high speed and doesn’t have some of the modern tech of the newer blenders. This means that it sometimes will inch across your counter if you aren’t holding it in place.
- Container gets cloudy – One downside is that the plastic container gets cloudy over time. Even if you’re quick to wash and dry the container, it can get a bit hard to read the measurements.
- Hard to fit – The 64oz container comes taller than many of the current Vitamix blenders. It’s larger than many kitchen cabinets which can make it hard to store.
How Does the Vitamix E320 Compare to Other Vitamixes?
|Vitamix E320||2.2 HP||64 oz||$|
|Vitamix 7500||2.2 HP||64 oz||$$|
|Vitamix 5200||2 HP||64 oz||$|
|Vitamix E310||2 HP||48 oz||$|
|Vitamix A3500||2.2 HP||64 oz||$$|
|Vitamix A3300||2.2 HP||64 oz||$$|
|Vitamix ONE||not provided||32 oz||$|
|Vitamix “The Quiet One”||3 HP||48 oz||$$$|
|Vitamix 5201||4.2 HP||192 oz||$$$$|
As you can see, the Vitamix E320 is one of the best Vitamix blenders on the market. It’s powerful, high capacity, and one of the lowest prices.
The Vitamix E320 is perfect for…
- Those shopping on a budget – If you’d like to enjoy the Vitamix experience without paying top dollar, the E320 is the best option for you.
- Busy kitchens that aren’t afraid of a bit of noise – While some cooks like their kitchen to be a calm and tranquil oasis, others prefer a bustling atmosphere. If you’re looking for a blender with reduced noise, check out this post.
- Chefs who cook in bulk – The Vitamix E320 has an impressive capacity of 64 ounces. Whether you’ve got a big family or are a frequent dinner party host, the E320 is ideal for making soups, sauces, batters, smoothies, and juices in large quantities.
- Bigger households or those who like to meal prep. Since the E320 comes with a larger container and slightly more power, we’d probably recommend this device to families with lots of mouths to feed.
We’ve done a few comparison posts with the E320 that you can check out for more help!
Deep Dive: Is the Vitamix E320 Worth Buying?
The Vitamix E320 comes fully loaded with all of the awesome Vitamix features and quality. I’ll walk through the highlights of the different features and components of this blender.
This model comes with a 2.2 peak horsepower motor that provides enough power to crush and blend ingredients efficiently. It can crush raw ingredients like nuts and whole fruits to turn them into a smooth texture of smoothies without destroying fruit fiber.
The Vitamix power combined with other quality features is the reason people like buying them even if they come at a higher price tag. This blender outperforms other blenders from other brands with the ability to function as a multipurpose appliance. If you’re deciding between blending vs juicing, we highly recommend reading this post first. You can also easily use the Vitamix E320 as a food processor.
As we have already discussed above, Vitamix blenders are not the cheapest on the market. They are certainly more of an investment rather than an off the cuff purchase. Why is Vitamix so expensive? We break it down for you here.
Even though they are on the higher end of the market, this is certainly justified when you look at the overall quality of the mixer. The price of the Vitamix E320 is certainly worth it if you want a top of the line blender.
Buy cheap and you’ll end up buying twice. Get a Vitamix from day one.
Features / Controls
The controls on the Vitamix is super easy to use. It features a power switch, a pulse switch, and a speed knob. The pulse feature allows you to create the type of consistency you need. While the majority of blending needs to be smooth.
The different speed settings allow you to choose between chopping, pureeing, and grinding, and different blender attachments also allow for whipping egg whites and emulsifying liquid.
If you are creating a salsa, for example, you may still require a thicker or chunkier texture. The pulse feature allows you to do this. Instead of providing consistent power, it will provide power in short bursts when turned on, giving you control of how the food is blended.
Aesthetics & Size
When looking at the overall design of the Vitamix E320, it is fairly simple, yet effective. The only color it comes in is black, which is sleek and should match any kitchen.
It is not overly big, and its dimensions are 11 x 8 x 18 inches. Weighing only 13 pounds, it is fairly easy to transport and can be put away when not in use.
The height can be an issue for many cabinets though! You may have to store it in a larger cabinet or on your counter. Thankfully this isn’t a big deal because it doesn’t take up too much countertop space.
The Vitamix E320 holds 64 oz which is plenty of space to make just about anything you could possibly need!
One of the best features of the Vitamix E320 is that it is self-cleaning, this is great for those who want the cleanup time to be minimal.
To clean the Vitamix E320 add a few drops of dish soap to the blender and fill with a few inches of water. Blend it on its highest setting for 60 seconds and it’ll be totally cleaned!
The key is to clean it right away before any food or liquid hardens on the side.
Common Questions About the Vitamix E320
The Vitamix Explorian E320 is definitely worth it! It’s one of the best Vitamixes on the market that you can buy. It’s powerful, durable, and can blend anything.
The Vitamix E320 is one of the most powerful blenders you can buy. It has a 2.2 Horsepower motor which is strong enough to blend anything!
The Vitamix E320 is louder than many other blenders. This blender is more powerful than most which means it can also be loud.
Conclusion: Should you Buy the Vitamix E320?
We highly recommend the Vitamix E320. You’re getting an incredibly durable blender that is guaranteed to last. The high performance and versatility allows you to make anything from smoothies to soup, hummus, and everything in between.
The blender is backed with an awesome warranty covering all parts, performance, labor and two-way shipping at no cost to you. One great thing about Vitamix blenders is that all their blenders have high-performance capability and are very durable.
I hope our Vitamix E320 review was able to help you with your blender-buying decision!