This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission. Thanks.
Vitamix is one of the best blender brands on the market. They’re the undisputed champs in the blender game and for good reason. Their blenders are powerful, last forever, and come with an incredible warranty.
These are some of the most high-tech blenders on the market, but it’s hard to know which one to pick.
If you’re looking for a top of the blender that is going to blow you away with features and power – the Vitamix A series is the way to go.
These blenders aren’t cheap, but they are built to last.
In this Vitamix A2300 vs A2500 vs A3300 vs A3500 showdown, we’ll show you the differences and similarities, and help you pick the one for you.
Our team has spent over 50 hours researching and comparing all of the most popular blenders. We’ve written over 60 articles helping people find the best blender for their specific needs. We’ve read through hundreds of customer testimonials and personally tested 50+ blenders from brands like Ninja, Vitamix, Oster, NutriBullet, and more.
- Which Vitamix Ascent Blender Is Best For You?
- Quick Review Of The Vitamix A2300
- Quick Review Of The Vitamix A2500
- Quick Review Of The Vitamix A3300
- Quick Review Of The Vitamix A3500
- Final Verdict: Should You Buy A Vitamix A2300, 2500, 3300, or 3500?
Which Vitamix Ascent Blender is Best for You?
The Vitamix A2300, A2500, A3300, and A3500 all offer very similar performance and features. They’re both powerful blenders that are good enough to be used in professional settings. Regardless of the model you choose, you can be sure that your device is going to have exceptional blending capabilities.
The Vitamix Ascent series blenders all have the same motor, container, and warranty. They also all have dishwasher safe containers.
|Product Spec||Vitamix A2300||Vitamix A2500||Vitamix A3300||Vitamix A3500|
|Power||2.2 HP||2.2 HP||2.2 HP||2.2 HP|
|Capacity||64 oz||64 oz||64 oz||64 oz|
|Warranty||10 years||10 years||10 years||10 years|
|Dishwasher safe container||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
The main difference between the Vitamix A series blenders is the types of controls and functions that the blenders have.
|Vitamix A2300||Vitamix A2500||Vitamix A3300||Vitamix A3500|
|Speed dial||1-10 turn dial||1-10 turn dial||1-10 dial (digital)||1-10 dial (digital)|
|Timer||Digital timer||Digital timer||Touch programmable timer||Touch programmable timer|
|Programmable?||No||3 programmable settings||No||5 programmable settings|
|Start-stop||Switch||Switch||Touch button||Touch button|
|Pulse||Switch||Switch||Touch button||Touch button|
- The A2300 has a 10 speed dial, pulse switch, digital timer, and a start-stop switch.
- The A2500 is the exact same as the A2300, but it had 3 programmable settings for smoothies, hot soups, and frozen desserts. These extra features make it $50 more.
- The A3300 is the same price as the A2500, but it’s not programmable. However, it has touch features: a touch start-stop button, a touch pulse button, and a programmable timer.
- The A3500 adds the 5 programmable touch settings and is $100 more than the A3300.
Mini-comparison: Vitamix A2300 vs A2500
The Vitamix A2300 and A2500 have the exact same motor, power, warranty, and container. The Vitamix A2300 has a 1-10 speed turn dial, a digital timer, a start and stop switch, and a pulse switch. The only difference is that the A2500 comes with 3 programmable settings.
You can see the small difference on the control panel.
The 3 programmable settings allow you to pick from common blending options: smoothies, hot soups, and frozen desserts.
The A2500 is $50 more than the A2300. That’s the cost of the three programmable settings.
Mini-comparison: Vitamix A2300 vs A3300
The Vitamix A2300 is the most basic model in this Vitamix ascent series comparison. The Vitamix A2300 and A3300 have the same power, warranty, and container size. The A2300 has a 1-10 speed turn dial, a digital timer, a start and stop switch, and a pulse switch. The only difference is that the A3300 is touch-activated for these features.
The A3300 is also $50 more expensive.
Mini-comparison: Vitamix A2500 vs A3500
The Vitamix A2500 and A3500 have the same power, warranty, and container size. The A2500 has a 1-10 speed turn dial, a digital timer, a start and stop switch, and a pulse switch. It also has 3 programmable settings.
The A3500 is touch-activated for these features. It also comes with two additional programmable settings: dips & spreads and self-cleaning.
Mini-comparison: Vitamix A3300 vs A3500
The Vitamix A3300 and A3500 have the exact same motor, power, warranty, and container. The Vitamix A2300 has a 1-10 speed dial that has a digital display, a programmable timer that is touch activated as well as touch buttons for pulse and stop-starting. The only difference is that the A3500 comes with 3 programmable settings.
You can see the small difference on the control panel.
These 5 programmable settings allow you to pick from common blending options: smoothies, hot soups, dips and spreads, frozen desserts, and self-cleaning.
The Vitamix A3500 is $100 more than the A3300. That’s the cost of the five programmable settings.
Quick Review Of The Vitamix A2300
The Vitamix A2300 is a fantastic blender if you work in a large commercial kitchen or are just looking to blend large quantities. The included blender container offers 64 ounces of blending capabilities, suited to large batches of soup and similar dishes.
In terms of blender features, this professional-grade system offers a host of features that chefs are sure to appreciate. The vast array of speed settings may be confusing to beginners, but it’s an excellent addition to any blender design for those who need it.
On top of this, you can also find a pulse feature that is simple to use and provides the perfect setting for chunky sauces like salsa or for grinding coffee beans.
You can also find Vitamix’s new wireless technology built into the base of this blender. This can be useful if you don’t plan on going back to the kitchen any time soon, but for most people, it’s just a nice little bonus.
Perhaps the main letdown of this high-volume blender is its cost. When comparing this blender to similar options on the market, the asking price can seem fairly high.
Overall, this durable machine is an excellent option if you plan on blending large quantities of food at once. The price may seem high, but with its vast array of features and professional design, this blender is worth the asking price – which is why it’s on our list of the top Vitamix blenders on the market.
Check out our Vitamix A2300 review!
- High capacity container – The low-profile 64-ounce container is suited for large quantities of food.
- Multiple speed settings – Perfect for any recipe that may require a different speed than the default option.
- Durable design – This blender has been designed to last as both its base and the stainless steel blades are incredibly durable.
- Can be expensive – The asking price can be fairly high, especially when compared to similar blenders on the market.
- No pre-programmed functions – Beginners may struggle to initially get to grips with this blender.
Quick Review Of The Vitamix A2500
The Vitamix A2500 is one of the most effective Vitamix blenders on the market today. It’s not cheap by any means, but it’s still a more affordable option than some of their other blenders.
Professional tier blenders generally aim to offer slightly more raw performance and power than their cheaper models, and this is true with the Vitamix A2500. The stainless steel Vitamix blades are some of the best-crafted blades on the market – capable of cutting through anything.
We tested this fantastic blender with a range of hard ingredients such as beets and frozen fruit, and it blended them all with ease.
The included digital timer function is a handy feature, especially if you plan on leaving this blender to run while you focus on something else. This also works alongside wireless detection technology to offer a surprisingly accessible system.
In terms of cost, as you might expect from a professional-tier option, this can get fairly pricey. Thankfully, you can generally find a certified reconditioned Vitamix A2500 from most online stores so you can save yourself some cash.
At the end of the day, if you are looking for a powerful blender and you don’t mind spending a little more than usual, then look no further. Few blenders on the market are as impressive as this feature-packed model!
Check out our Vitamix A2500 review!
- Powerful cutting capabilities – You can expect the blades found on this model to slice through almost anything in the kitchen.
- In-built wireless technology – This blender can be linked with the Vitamix app and can automatically detect the ideal setting for your recipe.
- Reliable blending performance – Every ingredient will be blended to perfection each time, so you don’t need to worry about unwanted lumps.
- It may be too pricey – It’s designed with professional use in mind, so this blender can get fairly expensive.
- Difficult to clean – Due to the size of this machine, it can be quite hard to clean thoroughly without disassembly.
Quick Review Of The Vitamix A3300
The Vitamix A3300 is a sturdy full-size blender. It uses cutting-edge ascent technology that adjusts performance when blending based on certain factors like jar size etc.
This revolutionary blender from Vitamix is revolutionary, high-tech, and deserving of a place on the list of best blender for frozen drinks. Retailing at around $600, it is definitely much more expensive than its competitors, however the features that this blender boasts are unparalleled. It is by far the most high tech with built in bluetooth and an app. Ever wondered why Vitamix blenders are so expensive? We break it down for you.
On the Vitamix app, you can select various presets such as ‘Baby Food,’ ‘Nut Butters,’ or ‘Frozen Desserts.’ It has an impressive multiple-setting speed dial, a timer, and a start/stop button. It also has various other presets that are only found on the app.
The attractive and modern design is easy to wipe clean, with no unnecessary buttons or dials, but touchscreen controls. With a range of speed options, you can alter this to cater to your personal preferences. The programmable timer also aids this, as timings for custom recipes can be saved so you can make your frozen drinks the same way every day!
Pair with self-detect containers, forcing the base to slightly alter the blending process, catering to particular needs. Depending on the container size, the intelligent motor base will change timings for effective blending. We’ve written a post all about Vitamix blenders and their compatibility with each blender.
When you’re done blending, simply add soap and water, switch on self-cleaning, and your blender is as good as new in 60 seconds.
Compared to other Vitamixes, this blender is pricy, but it’s much more high-tech and offers more helpful features than others. The A3500 is also on our list of the best blenders for Indian cooking!
Overall it’s a really powerful, easy-to-use blender that can handle all your blending needs – from hot to cold, chunky to smooth; it’s more than capable!
Check out our Vitamix A3300 review!
- Intelligent, self-detect containers and base – Specific timings and techniques for the best result for what you want.
- Easy to use controls – Don’t spend time messing around with confusing buttons.
- Dishwasher Safe – It’s one of the few dishwasher-friendly blenders in the Vitamix professional series.
- Smart Functions – High-end technology makes it even simpler to use. Use the programmable timer to ensure consistency in all your recipes.
- Ultra-smooth Blending – Perfect for nut butters and other silky smooth dishes, it blends even the finest ingredients with ease – and with a smooth consistency.
- Crushed Ice In Under a Minute – You read that correctly – bar-quality crushed ice in under a minute. It’s one of our top blenders for crushing ice.
- Great for hot liquids- If you need to blend hot ingredients, you’ll be more than satisfied by the results.
- Most expensive from the product list – At almost $600, it is an extremely pricey blender due to its extra features.
- Additional self-detect containers must be bought separately – For the price of this product, purchasing extras does not seem appealing.
- Loud – Its noise output is 91db which is still higher than “The Quiet One”
- Presets Only Available On App – Presets aren’t directly available, only available on the app.
Quick Review Of The Vitamix A3500
The Vitamix A3500 is one of the four models in the Ascent series, smart blender types that come with a whole host of modern technology. As a smart system blender, it offers a wealth of features to make it easier for the user to blend.
From wireless Bluetooth connectivity to the powerful motors that blend the hardest of food, it’s clear why the A3500 is so popular. It’s an easy to set up and user-friendly blender that packs a powerful punch. It comes equipped with a digital interface that makes it a whole lot more modern than previous versions.
The Vitamix A3500 is a great one for those who love to combine both technology and simplicity. This model makes processes like preparing smoothies and soups so much easier and more enjoyable.
For some food types, you won’t even need to cut it up in order for it to be blended easily with the stainless steel blades. It’s great for the harder food types like frozen desserts, making it perfect for the summer! However, it doesn’t come without faults. The metal blades are an attachment that makes scraping the bottom quite tricky (don’t remove the blades because it voids the warranty).
This blender is even compatible with the Vitamix app – seriously cool! You can find 100’s of recipes and tips about what functions to use for specific recipes.
Check out our Vitamix A3500 review!
- Smart Functions – It’s got an impressive digital interface that is programmed with various exceptional functions to make your experience super simple.
- Transparent Lid – This makes it a lot easier to see and gives you a better view of the blended ingredients.
- High-quality Stainless Steel Blades – Premium quality laser cut steel blades provide a powerful, reliable and consistent delivery with every blend.
- Powerful motor – As part of the Ascent series blenders, this one comes with a powerful 2.2 HP motor for excellence in breaking down all food types.
- Long warranty – Comes with a 10-year warranty, providing great value for money.
- High-quality technology – Self-detecting technology controls and container sizes.
- Pulse feature – Help blends through the food evenly.
- 10-speed variable speed control – Modify the level of blending from chunky to super smooth.
- Programmable Timer – Conveniently use a timer to ensure you get the best results every time.
- Expensive – One of the more expensive Vitamix models to buy.
- Plastic features – The plastic bodywork of the blender might be offputting for some who prefer a premium type of material like glass.
- Problematic App Integration – There have been reports of problems connecting to the app with the touch interface. When using presets, it sometimes starts/stops unexpectedly (might be a safety setting).
- Few container options – No additional containers means you will need to look into buying a set of containers.
Final Verdict: Should You Buy A Vitamix A2300, A2500, A3300, or A3500?
You can’t go wrong buying either of these great blenders.
All Vitamix blenders are high quality and perform well. The question really is just which one is right for what you need.
Even though the Vitamix A2300 is the cheapest, we wouldn’t recommend it. If you want something more basic, you might as well go with the Vitamix E310. Check out our Vitamix Explorian vs Ascent series comparison for more info!
However, if you want to go with something in the Vitamix Ascent series, you should buy the Vitamix A2500. We personally don’t love the touch-activation features, but we like the programmable settings!
I hope our Vitamix A2300 vs A2500 vs A3300 vs A3500 showdown helped you pick the right blender for you!