This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission. Thanks.
Vitamix is one of the best blender brands on the market. They’re the undisputed champs in the blender game and for good reason. Their blenders are powerful, last forever, and come with an incredible warranty.
We’ve got an epic Vitamix 5300 vs 7500 comparison for you. These are two of the most popular Vitamix blenders to pick from thanks to their quality and high power.
Here are the 3 main criteria we used to compare the two:
You can scroll down to our buyers guide to see why these criteria matter and whether the Vitamix 5300 or 7500 was the winner in each category.
Our team has spent over 50 hours researching and comparing all of the most popular blenders. We’ve written over 60 articles helping people find the best blender for their specific needs. We’ve read through hundreds of customer testimonials and personally tested 50+ blenders from brands like Ninja, Vitamix, Oster, NutriBullet, and more.
- Vitamix 5300 vs 7500: Which One Is Best For You?
- What Are The Differences Between The Vitamix 5300 And 7500?
- What are the Similarities Between Vitamix 5300 and 7500?
- Should You Buy the Vitamix 5300 Or 7500?
- Quick Review Of The Vitamix 5300
- Quick Review Of The Vitamix 7500
- Key Differences Between the Vitamix 5300 and 7500
- Final Verdict: Should You Buy A Vitamix 5300 Or 7500?
Vitamix 5300 vs 7500: Which One Is Best For You?
To be honest, the Vitamix 5300 and 7500 offer very similar performance and features. They’re both powerful blenders that are good enough to be used in professional settings. Regardless of the model you choose, you can be sure that your device is going to have exceptional blending capabilities.
|Vitamix 5300||Vitamix 7500|
|Power||2.2 HP||2.2 HP|
|Capacity||64 oz||64 oz|
|Warranty||7 years||7 years|
|Other…||Legacy series||Legacy series|
What Are The Differences Between The Vitamix 5300 And 7500?
The only difference between the Vitamix 5300 and 7500 is the design of the base. All of the important specs are the exact same.
What are the Similarities Between Vitamix 5300 and 7500?
These two Vitamix models are remarkably similar. So similar that it can be tough to really nail down the differences. They both have a 2.2 HP motor, a low profile container, and hold 64 oz. They also have the exact same functions of a start-stop switch, pulse settings, and 1-10 speed turn knob.
Should You Buy the Vitamix 5300 Or 7500?
The Vitamix 5300 is perfect for…
- Large batches – The 5300’s 64 oz container makes it great for large portions of whatever you’re making! You can load it up for smoothies, margs, or any kind of soup you want to make!
- Small batches too – The 5300 comes with a shorter container. The design makes it great for making smaller batches of food and for smoothies with less liquid.
- Families on a budget – The Vitamix 5300 is one of the most affordable Vitamixes and the large size makes it perfect for families who need a commercial blender.
The Vitamix 7500 is perfect for…
- Large households – As discussed above, both the 7500 and the 5300 have a 64-ounce capacity, making them ideal for batch cooking, entertaining guests, and whipping up a delicious meal for the whole family.
- Small professional kitchens – Out of all of Vitamix’s blenders, the 7500 is the one most commonly found in professional kitchens. Its variable speeds and stainless steel blades mean that it’s more than up to the task of professional cooking!
At the end of the day, the two blenders have been designed to cater to the same general market. You’re not going to miss out on any major features by choosing one of the models over another.
Quick Review Of The Vitamix 5300
The Vitamix 5300 is one of the powerhouse blenders by Vitamix. It’s strong enough to handle any of your blending needs from smoothies and margaritas to baby food and soup.
Its powerful high-performance motor can make short work of any veg you throw its way, especially once they have been boiled with stock. The pulse function found on the Vitamix 5300 offers you a simple way to make chunkier soups, perfect for cozy nights in.
Hidden inside the base of this blender is a powerful motor that propels the blades with incredible force. However, during our testing, we quickly realized how loud this classic Vitamix machine can get, even on medium settings.
Luckily, its array of useful features, such as a 64-ounce blender container and the multiple speed options, more than makes up for this. It even comes with a 7-year warranty, which you can find included alongside most Vitamix blenders.
Whether you plan on opening a soup kitchen or you just want a reliable blender for your home kitchen, this is the one for you!
Check out our deep dive: Vitamix 5300 Review
- Efficient cutting power – Thanks to the use of high-quality stainless steel, this blender can slide through almost anything.
- 7-year warranty – You can be sure that this impressive blender will last you for years to come.
- Large quantity container – The 64-ounce container included with this blender offers enough space for large amounts of soup.
- Can be loud – Due to the powerful motor inside, this Vitamix immersion blender can get loud on higher settings.
- Not suited for small smoothies – The immense power and large container means it may be inefficient to use this for smaller recipes.
Quick Review Of The Vitamix 7500
With its 64 ounce container and stainless steel blades, the Vitamix 7500 is suitable for both personal and commercial use. Its large hardened plastic container makes cooking in large quantities a breeze.
You’re not limited to juices; from soups and sauces to smooth purées, this blender’s pulse feature offers you maximum versatility. With variable speed control, there are ten different speeds to choose from, allowing you to achieve your desired texture with ease.
You can layer coarse chops to achieve complex and delicious textures, making this blender ideal for professional or semi-professional chefs.
The hardened stainless steel blades are also air-craft grade quality, so there’s truly nothing that you can’t blend!
Addressing previous complaints about the 5200’s noiseiness, Vitamix’s design team added noise-dampening technology to the 7500. This means that customers can enjoy the same horsepower without the disruptive noise output; the Vitamix 7500 is up to 40% quieter than earlier models.
Check out our deep dive: Vitamix 7500 Review
- Large container – If you’re batch cooking or feeding a family, you’ll be thankful for the 7500’s 64-ounce container. It is comparatively larger than other models on the market, while still being neat enough to fit in most kitchen cabinets.
- Self-cleaning – To clean the Vitamix 7500, you can simply add a small amount of dish soap and warm water and let the blender run for 30 seconds. Say goodbye to frustrating cleanup with this high-tech blender from Vitamix!
- Variable speed control – Whether you’re making fresh juice or blending a soup, the Vitamix 7500 offers 10 different speed controls, including a pulse function.
- The bulkiness of the large container – Though the 64-ounce container is great for cooking in bulk, it does take up a little more space. If you’ve got a small kitchen with limited storage space, a more discreet model is probably a better choice.
- Price point – Costs a great deal more than a traditional blender which could arguably do the same job for a fraction of the cost.
- Accessories not included – Useful accessories like a smaller 32oz container and scraper are sold separately, further driving up the price.
Key Differences Between the Vitamix 5300 and 7500
In this section I’ll look at the key differences between the Vitamix 5300 and 7500. We’ve identified the most important criteria to compare: power, price, capacity, features/controls, the warranty, and overall performance.
At the end of the day, the most important characteristic of a blender is power. A blender needs to destroy whatever it is you put in it.
The Vitamix 5300 and 7500 both come with a 2.2 horsepower motor.
They are great for virtually any food, raw or frozen, such as making nut butter, smoothies, hot soups, crushing ice, and even grinding coffee beans.
Features / Controls
When it comes to the features, these two blenders have the exact same settings. Their control panels look slightly different, but are the same functionality.
They both include a pulse switch, a 1-10 speed dial, and a start-stop switch.
Size / Capacity of Container
The containers are identical! They both are low-profile, 64oz, BPA-free Eastman Tritan Copolyester containers.
- Are safety pitchers, meaning they are completely shatter-resistant to both heat and dropping.
- Provide full transparency to see the blending progress.
- Come with tampers designed to work precisely with each container.
As an additional accessory option, Vitamix also makes stainless steel containers that are odor-resistant, stain-resistant, and non-reactive and work with all full-sized models. The stainless steel pitchers come with transparent lids but are only available in the 48-ounce size.
Both blenders come with a 7 year warranty backed by Vitamix!
The one thing you can always count on with Vitamix is performance, and these two blenders are no different.
While Vitamix creates different models with various features and technology, the one thing all Vitamix models have in common is that they outperform other brands on the market.
Final Verdict: Should You Buy A Vitamix 5300 Or 7500?
You can’t go wrong buying either of these great blenders.
All Vitamix blenders are high quality and perform well. The question really is just which one is right for what you need
The Vitamix 5300 and 7500 blenders are both great blenders and classic models that demonstrate what made Vitamix a leader in the industry.
- Vitamix 5300 – Great for small families or individuals because it’s perfect for small batches!
- Vitamix 7500 – The 7500 is a fantastic Vitamix blender. It’s got all the power, durability, and design.
I hope our Vitamix 5300 vs 7500 showdown helped you pick the right blender for you!