This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission. Thanks.
Vitamix is one of the best blender brands on the market. They’re the undisputed champs in the blender game and for good reason. Their blenders are powerful, last forever, and come with an incredible warranty.
Here are the 3 main criteria we used to compare the two:
You can scroll down to our buyers guide to see why these criteria matter and whether the Vitamix E310 or 5300 was the winner in each category.
Our team has spent over 50 hours researching and comparing all of the most popular blenders. We’ve written over 60 articles helping people find the best blender for their specific needs. We’ve read through hundreds of customer testimonials and personally tested 50+ blenders from brands like Ninja, Vitamix, Oster, NutriBullet, and more.
- Vitamix e310 vs 5300: Which One Is Best For You?
- What Are The Differences Between The Vitamix e310 And 5300?
- What are the Similarities Between Vitamix e310 and 5300?
- Should You Buy the Vitamix e310 Or 5300?
- Quick Review Of The Vitamix e310
- Quick Review Of The Vitamix 5300
- Key Differences Between the Vitamix e310 and 5300
- Final Verdict: Should You Buy A Vitamix e310 Or 5300?
Vitamix E310 vs 5300: Which One is Best for You?
To be honest, the Vitamix E310 and 5300 offer very similar performance and features. They’re both powerful blenders that are good enough to be used in professional settings. Regardless of the model you choose, you can be sure that your device is going to have exceptional blending capabilities.
What are the Differences Between the Vitamix E310 and 5300?
The Vitamix E310 is part of the Explorian series while the 5300 is one of the classic blenders.
It’s not a major difference, but the Vitamix E310 comes with a 4.5ft cord which is shorter than the 5300’s 6ft cord. The e310 is also 48oz instead of 64oz like the 5300.
The E310’s warranty is only 5 years compared to the 7 year warranty of the Vitamix 5200. One major perk of the E310 is the price point. It is significantly cheaper than the 5200.
What are the Similarities Between Vitamix E310 and 5300?
The Vitamix E310 and 5300 both have the same 2 HP motor. They each have 3 inch stainless steel blades. The 5300 comes with a low profile container and the Vitamix E310 comes with a shorter container as well.
Should You Buy the Vitamix E310 Or 5300?
The Vitamix E310 is perfect for…
- Smaller families. If capacity isn’t a major concern for you, then going for the slightly cheaper E310 model might be your best bet.
The Vitamix 5300 is perfect for…
- Large batches – The 5300’s 64 oz container makes it great for large portions of whatever you’re making! You can load it up for smoothies, margs, or any kind of soup you want to make!
- Small batches too – The 5300 comes with a shorter container. The design makes it great for making smaller batches of food and for smoothies with less liquid.
- Families on a budget – The Vitamix 5300 is one of the most affordable Vitamixes and the large size makes it perfect for families who need a commercial blender.
At the end of the day, the two blenders have been designed to cater to the same general market. You’re not going to miss out on any major features by choosing one of the models over another.
Quick Review Of The Vitamix E310
The Vitamix E310 Explorian blender is a beast of a machine. The aircraft-grade stainless steel blades have an impressive 3-inch cutting diameter and will decimate the toughest ingredients.
The E310’s variable speed control and pulse function take care of everything from frozen desserts and smoothies to salsa and purees. Anything you put in it comes out with perfect consistency and texture every time! The pulse feature makes a great blender for cooking where you want your sauce, soup, or curry to have some chunks in it.
This blender is built to last – Vitamix is known for making some of the highest quality blenders on the market. You won’t need to replace this model in a hurry! With a 5 year warranty backed by Vitamix, this is a no brainer for one of our top picks.
The E310 comes with a smaller container, making it the best choice for cooks who work with smaller batches.
The Vitamix Explorian features 10 different speed settings, which can be adjusted using a dial to achieve the exact consistency you’re aiming for. This is also one of the quietest Vitamix blenders you can buy.
Check out our full breakdown: Vitamix E310 Review
- 10-speed settings – Choose from multiple speed settings to make the perfect blends for curry, hot soups, and everything in between. Minimum speed of 1,400 RPM and a max speed of 22,600 RPM – that’s fast!
- Size – The 48-ounce container is perfect for blending medium sized batches of food.
- Usability – The blender has a 4.5-foot cord providing a great range of movement in the kitchen.
- Cleaning – Though not dishwasher safe, it is not difficult to clean the E310. Simply add some dish soap and use the pulse feature, and the E310 is ready to store or use again.
- Price – As far as Vitamix goes, this is the most affordable model.
- Made in the USA – Vitamix was founded over 100 years ago and has been based in Ohio since 1948.
- Affordable – 310 is relatively affordable when compared to other Vitamix blenders.
- Sturdy build – Made from metal and plastic, ensuring a premium, high-end blender you can depend on.
- Reduced noise level – Compared to other blenders on this list like the Vitamix 5200, this is quieter.
- Great For Hot Blending – Easily blends multiple servings of hot ingredients with no issue at all.
- Premium Ice Quality – This blender is exceptional at making premium bar quality crushed ice in under a minute.
- Not dishwasher safe – The E310 is not dishwasher safe and needs to be cleaned using the dish soap and blend cleaning method.
- No Preset Modes – There aren’t any preset options, so a bit of trial and error is required.
- Bulky Design – It’s a big blender and needs to be stored on the counter because it’s too big for most cupboards.
Quick Review Of The Vitamix 5300
The Vitamix 5300 is one of the powerhouse blenders by Vitamix. It’s strong enough to handle any of your blending needs from smoothies and margaritas to baby food and soup.
Its powerful high-performance motor can make short work of any veg you throw its way, especially once they have been boiled with stock. The pulse function found on the Vitamix 5300 offers you a simple way to make chunkier soups, perfect for cozy nights in.
Hidden inside the base of this blender is a powerful motor that propels the blades with incredible force. However, during our testing, we quickly realized how loud this classic Vitamix machine can get, even on medium settings.
Luckily, its array of useful features, such as a 64-ounce blender container and the multiple speed options, more than makes up for this. It even comes with a 7-year warranty, which you can find included alongside most Vitamix blenders.
Whether you plan on opening a soup kitchen or you just want a reliable blender for your home kitchen, this is the one for you!
Check out our full breakdown: Vitamix 5300 Review
- Efficient cutting power – Thanks to the use of high-quality stainless steel, this blender can slide through almost anything.
- 7-year warranty – You can be sure that this impressive blender will last you for years to come.
- Large quantity container – The 64-ounce container included with this blender offers enough space for large amounts of soup.
- Can be loud – Due to the powerful motor inside, this Vitamix immersion blender can get loud on higher settings.
- Not suited for small smoothies – The immense power and large container means it may be inefficient to use this for smaller recipes.
Key Differences Between the Vitamix E310 and 5300
In this section I’ll look at the key differences between the Vitamix E310 and 5300. We’ve identified the most important criteria to compare: power, price, capacity, features/controls, the warranty, and overall performance.
At the end of the day, the most important characteristic of a blender is power. A blender needs to destroy whatever it is you put in it.
The E310 and 5200 both come equipped with 2 HP motors.
Both the E310 and 5300 are great for virtually any food, raw or frozen, such as making nut butter, smoothies, hot soups, crushing ice, and even grinding coffee beans.
Features / Controls
When it comes to the features, these two blenders have the exact same settings. They both include a pulse switch, a 1-10 speed dial, and a start-stop switch.
Size / Capacity of Container
The E310 comes with a 48 ounce container and a 3-inch blending diameter.The 5200 has a larger 64 ounce lower-profile container and a 3-inch blending diameter. Both containers are low-profile which make them great for blending smaller batches of food.
- Are safety pitchers, meaning they are completely shatter-resistant to both heat and dropping.
- Provide full transparency to see the blending progress.
- Come with tampers designed to work precisely with each container.
The Vitamix E310 only comes with a 5 year warranty while the 5300 is backed for a full 7 years.
The one thing you can always count on with Vitamix is performance, and these two blenders are no different.
While Vitamix creates different models with various features and technology, the one thing all Vitamix models have in common is that they outperform other brands on the market.
Final Verdict: Should You Buy a Vitamix E310 or 5300?
You can’t go wrong buying either of these great blenders.
All Vitamix blenders are high quality and perform well. The question really is just which one is right for what you need.
If we had to pick between these, we would probably go with the Vitamix E310. It’s way cheaper than the 5200 and is just as powerful and effective.
The Vitamix E310 and 5300 blenders are both great blenders and classic models that demonstrate what made Vitamix a leader in the industry.
- Vitamix E310 – This is perfect for anyone trying to get a Vitamix blender on a budget! It’s the most affordable, but comes with the Vitamix durability and quality.
- Vitamix 5300 – Great for small families or individuals because it’s perfect for small batches!
I hope our Vitamix E310 vs 5300 showdown helped you pick the right blender for you!