This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission. Thanks.
Vitamix is one of the best blender brands on the market. They’re the undisputed champs in the blender game and for good reason. Their blenders are powerful, last forever, and come with an incredible warranty.
We’ve got an epic Vitamix E310 vs 5200 comparison for you. These are two of the most popular Vitamix blenders to pick from thanks to their quality and high power.
Here are the 3 main criteria we used to compare the two:
You can scroll down to our buyers guide to see why these criteria matter and whether the Vitamix E310 or 5200 was the winner in each category.
Our team has spent over 50 hours researching and comparing all of the most popular blenders. We’ve written over 60 articles helping people find the best blender for their specific needs. We’ve read through hundreds of customer testimonials and personally tested 50+ blenders from brands like Ninja, Vitamix, Oster, NutriBullet, and more.
- Vitamix e310 vs 5200: Which One Is Best For You?
- What Are The Differences Between The Vitamix e310 And 5200?
- What are the Similarities Between Vitamix e310 and 5200?
- Should You Buy the Vitamix e310 Or 5200?
- Quick Review Of The Vitamix e310
- Quick Review Of The Vitamix 5200
- Key Differences Between the Vitamix e310 and 5200
- Final Verdict: Should You Buy A Vitamix e310 Or 5200?
Vitamix E310 vs 5200: Which One is Best for You?
To be honest, the Vitamix E310 and 5200 offer very similar performance and features. They’re both powerful blenders that are good enough to be used in professional settings. Regardless of the model you choose, you can be sure that your device is going to have exceptional blending capabilities.
|Vitamix E310||Vitamix 5200|
|Power||2 HP||2 HP|
|Capacity||48 oz||64 oz|
|Warranty||5 year||7 years|
|Other…||Explorian series||Legacy series|
What are the Differences Between the Vitamix E310 and 5200?
The Vitamix E310 is part of the Explorian series while the 5200 is one of the classic blenders.
It’s not a major difference, but the Vitamix E310 comes with a 4.5ft cord which is shorter than the 5200’s 6ft cord. The e310 comes with a 48oz container versus the 64oz container of the 5200.
The E310’s warranty is only 5 years compared to the 7 year warranty of the Vitamix 5200. One major perk of the E310 is the price point. It is significantly cheaper than the 5200.
What are the Similarities Between Vitamix E310 and 5200?
The Vitamix E310 and 5200 both have the same 2 HP motor. They each have 3 inch stainless steel blades. The 5200 comes with a low profile container and the Vitamix E310 comes with a shorter container as well.
Should You Buy the Vitamix E310 Or 5200?
The Vitamix E310 is perfect for…
- Smaller families. If capacity isn’t a major concern for you, then going for the slightly cheaper E310 model might be your best bet.
The Vitamix 5200 is perfect for…
- Bigger kitchens – Since it’s the bulkier of the two, it’s best if you have a big kitchen and want to leave it out on the counter all the time.
- Great for small batches – One of the unexpected cons of Vitamix blenders is that they perform better with more food/liquid. Sometimes smaller batches don’t blend as well. Thankfully, that isn’t the case with the 5200 because of it’s design and shape!
At the end of the day, the two blenders have been designed to cater to the same general market. You’re not going to miss out on any major features by choosing one of the models over another.
Quick Review Of The Vitamix E310
The Vitamix E310 Explorian blender is a beast of a machine. The aircraft-grade stainless steel blades have an impressive 3-inch cutting diameter and will decimate the toughest ingredients.
The E310’s variable speed control and pulse function take care of everything from frozen desserts and smoothies to salsa and purees. Anything you put in it comes out with perfect consistency and texture every time! The pulse feature makes a great blender for cooking where you want your sauce, soup, or curry to have some chunks in it.
This blender is built to last – Vitamix is known for making some of the highest quality blenders on the market. You won’t need to replace this model in a hurry! With a 5 year warranty backed by Vitamix, this is a no brainer for one of our top picks.
The E310 comes with a smaller container, making it the best choice for cooks who work with smaller batches.
The Vitamix Explorian features 10 different speed settings, which can be adjusted using a dial to achieve the exact consistency you’re aiming for. This is also one of the quietest Vitamix blenders you can buy.
Check out our full breakdown: Vitamix E310 Review
- 10-speed settings – Choose from multiple speed settings to make the perfect blends for curry, hot soups, and everything in between. Minimum speed of 1,400 RPM and a max speed of 22,600 RPM – that’s fast!
- Size – The 48-ounce container is perfect for blending medium sized batches of food.
- Usability – The blender has a 4.5-foot cord providing a great range of movement in the kitchen.
- Cleaning – Though not dishwasher safe, it is not difficult to clean the E310. Simply add some dish soap and use the pulse feature, and the E310 is ready to store or use again.
- Price – As far as Vitamix goes, this is the most affordable model.
- Made in the USA – Vitamix was founded over 100 years ago and has been based in Ohio since 1948.
- Affordable – E310 is relatively affordable when compared to other Vitamix blenders.
- Sturdy build – Made from metal and plastic, ensuring a premium, high-end blender you can depend on.
- Reduced noise level – Compared to other blenders on this list like the Vitamix 5200, this is quieter.
- Great for hot blending – Easily blends multiple servings of hot ingredients with no issue at all.
- Premium Ice Quality – This blender is exceptional at making premium bar quality crushed ice in under a minute.
- Not dishwasher safe – The E310 is not dishwasher safe and needs to be cleaned using the dish soap and blend cleaning method.
- No Preset Modes – There aren’t any preset options, so a bit of trial and error is required.
- Bulky Design – It’s a big blender and needs to be stored on the counter because it’s too big for most cupboards.
Quick Review Of The Vitamix 5200
The Vitamix 5200 was initially released in 2007 as part of the company’s C-series blenders. At the time, the 5200 was released as a more advanced version of Vitamix’s 5000 model, which was both dated and bulky.
Despite being 15 years old now, the Vitamix 5200 still stands as a popular blender option for those looking for a user-friendly model with big blades and a powerful motor. This blender features a 2.0 horsepower motor, which is strong enough to break down such ingredients as dry grains and nuts. It can be used as a coffee grinder as well as an ice crusher!
Plus, the product’s effective cooling fan prevents the machine from overheating when blending tough ingredients. Other smart features include its 64 oz pitcher, allowing you to blend large portions.
Although it doesn’t feature a pulse setting, the Vitamix 5200 does feature a handy dial that makes switching between the 10 variable speed settings seamless. Another drawback of the 5200 is its height – with dimensions of 8.8 x 7.2 x 20.5 inches, the 5200 is still a bulky machine and, therefore, inconvenient when it comes to storage purposes. The 5200 is also one of the best blenders for hummus.
Check out our full breakdown: Vitamix 5200 Review
- Self-cleaning feature – Like most Vitamix blenders, the Vitamix 5200 has a self-cleaning function. All you have to do is fill the blender with warm water (not hot water) and dish soap and set the powerful motor to its highest setting.
- Stainless steel blades – The Vitamix 5200 comes with steel blades that ensure that food can be blended sharply and with precision. No matter what you’re blending, whether it be nuts or dry grains, this Vitamix blender can blend it within minutes.
- Safe – The blender comes with safety fans and sensors which ensure that it doesn’t overheat. There’s also an overload sensor, which will automatically shut down the machine if it senses it has been blending for too long.
- A versatile product – Not only can the Vitamix 5200 be used to blend smoothies and grind coffee beans, but it can also be used to make hot soup, making it one of the most versatile blenders on the market! The blender’s sizable pitcher also makes it good at blending both big and small batches.
- Easy to use – You can easily adjust speed and blending power by turning the dial. Unlike some of the later Vitamix blenders, the 5200 doesn’t feature a touch screen, which makes it easier to use.
- Expensive – While it’s not the most expensive Vitamix, it still ain’t cheap.
- Bulky – Storing the Vitamix 5200 isn’t easy as easy as blenders like the Vitamix E320 because it’s too tall to fit into low-hanging kitchen counters.
- Loud – As seems to be the norm with Vitamix blenders, the 5200 is pretty loud.
- No pulse feature – The Vitamix 5200 doesn’t feature a pulse, which gives you less control over how the machine blends. However, the rate and speed at which it blends can be altered by turning the dial, which makes up for a lack of pulse.
Key Differences Between the Vitamix E310 and 5200
In this section I’ll look at the key differences between the Vitamix E310 and 5200. We’ve identified the most important criteria to compare: power, price, capacity, features/controls, the warranty, and overall performance.
At the end of the day, the most important characteristic of a blender is power. A blender needs to destroy whatever it is you put in it.
The E310 and 5200 both come equipped with 2 HP motors.
Both the E310 and 5200 are great for virtually any food, raw or frozen, such as making nut butter, smoothies, hot soups, crushing ice, and even grinding coffee beans.
Features / Controls
When it comes to the features, these two blenders have the exact same settings. They both include a pulse switch, a 1-10 speed dial, and a start-stop switch.
Size / Capacity of Container
The E310 comes with a 48 ounce container and a 3-inch blending diameter.The 5200 has a larger 64 ounce lower-profile container and a 3-inch blending diameter. Both containers are low-profile which make them great for blending smaller batches of food.
- Are safety pitchers, meaning they are completely shatter-resistant to both heat and dropping.
- Provide full transparency to see the blending progress.
- Come with tampers designed to work precisely with each container.
The Vitamix E310 only comes with a 5 year warranty while the 5200 is backed for a full 7 years.
The one thing you can always count on with Vitamix is performance, and these two blenders are no different.
While Vitamix creates different models with various features and technology, the one thing all Vitamix models have in common is that they outperform other brands on the market.
Final Verdict: Should You Buy a Vitamix E310 or 5200?
You can’t go wrong buying either of these great blenders.
All Vitamix blenders are high quality and perform well. The question really is just which one is right for what you need.
If we had to pick between these, we would probably go with the Vitamix E310. It’s way cheaper than the 5200 and is just as powerful and effective.
The Vitamix E310 and 5200 blenders are both great blenders and classic models that demonstrate what made Vitamix a leader in the industry.
- Vitamix E310 – This is perfect for anyone trying to get a Vitamix blender on a budget! It’s the most affordable, but comes with the Vitamix durability and quality.
- Vitamix 5200 – The 5200 is the older version of this model and is slightly cheaper than the 5200! It’s still a fantastic blender and better if you’re on a budget.
I hope our Vitamix E310 vs 5200 showdown helped you pick the right blender for you!