This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission. Thanks.
Picking a new blender for your kitchen is a huge decision. Quality blenders are expensive and last forever so whatever you buy, you’re going to be stuck with.
We’ve got an epic list of the best blenders to puree food for you to pick from.
The team at World of Blenders (a master home cook and a professional chef) used 3 criteria to find the best blender for pureeing food:
You can scroll down to our buyers guide to see why these criteria matter. Our motto is “buy it once” and that means investing in a higher end blender. We’ve tested 50+ blenders over the years and these are the top blenders for pureeing food.
The right blender will be powerful, durable, and won’t break the bank. If you plan to puree food on a regular basis, we recommend spending a little bit extra to get a Vitamix or Ninja. They’ll perform better and last longer.
That’s why our top two picks are:
- Overall best: Cleanblend Commercial Blender. This is the best blender for pureeing food on the market! It’s powerful, holds 64oz, and is affordable for most people.
- Most affordable: Ninja BL610. If you’re tight on funds, but need a new blender–this is our go to option. It can hold a whopping 72 oz which is great if you’re trying to meal prep.
Our Philosophy & Process for Product Reviews
Our team has spent over 50 hours researching and comparing all of the most popular blenders. We’ve written over 60 articles helping people find the best blender for their specific needs. We’ve read through hundreds of customer testimonials and personally tested blenders from brands like Ninja, Vitamix, Oster, NutriBullet, and more.
8 Best Blenders for Pureeing Food
Here’s a quick overview showing all of our top picks and the factors we looked at in our research. You can click through on any model to check out the recent price. You can also take a look at other customer’s reviews to get a more full picture.
|Product||Best for||Power (HP)||Capacity (oz)||Type||Price|
|Cleanblend Commercial Blender||Overall best||2.4 HP||64 oz||Standard||$$|
|Vitamix 5200||Runner-up||2.2 HP||64 oz||Standard||$$$|
|Ninja BL610||Most affordable||1.4 HP||72 oz||Standard||$|
|NutriBullet 1200W||Best for small batches||1.6 HP||32 oz||Standard||$|
|Vitamix E310||Most balanced||2 HP||48 oz||Standard||$$|
|Mueller Austria||Best immersion||0.7 HP||n/a||Immersion||$|
|NutriBullet Personal||Best personal||0.8 HP||24 oz||Personal||$|
|Vitamix “The Quiet One”||Quietest||3 HP||48 oz||Standard||$$$$|
1. Overall Best Blender to Puree Food – Cleanblend Commercial Blender
Our #1 blender for pureeing food is the commercial blender from Cleanblend, which boasts an extremely powerful 1800 watt base and an 8 point stainless steel blade. Blending ice and frozen mixes with ease, you will never have to worry about large chunks in your food again.
The large container allows you to make a big batch to use all week. It is also BPA-free and dishwasher safe. You can rest assured that this blender is durable and long-lasting, and will be able to make super smooth pureed food for a long time.
When you aren’t pureeing food, you can use this blender to do just about anything! It’s incredibly versatile. Use it to blend hummus, make margaritas, or frozen fruit smoothies.
Compared to the Ninja and NutriBullet, this blender has a much more powerful motor base to successfully grind food into a smooth puree.
Though this blender does reach high speeds due to its powerful motor base, unlike its competitors it may require some help. Holding the container into place while blending prevents it from coming loose.
|Cleanblend Commercial Blender|
- Powerful and heavy-duty – Gets the job done without damage.
- Quiet – This blender is quieter than competitors!
- Versatile – Can make pureed food, hot soup, smoothies, and frozen drinks!
- Tamper included – Prevent ingredients from getting stuck and clumped together.
- Does not lock to base – Important to hold the blender down at a high speed.
2. Runner-up – Vitamix 5200
This Vitamix blender has a 64-ounce container and many impressive features – though this is reflected in the price tag. It’s our runner-up contender only because of the higher price tag. It’s more durable and will likely last longer than the #1 pick, but it’s twice the cost. We explain why Vitamix is so expensive in another post.
With a fast, high-performance motor and hard stainless steel blades, this blender can certainly handle tough ingredients and puree them into a pulp. This blender is guaranteed by Vitamix to last.
Check out our full write-up for more info: Vitamix 5200 review
You can manually control the speed of your blades to achieve the desired texture by simply twisting the dial to choose your setting. Then add soapy water when you’re done, switch it on to have it cleaned and ready to use all over again.
Though this blender can be used for near enough anything, there is only one container. The same, large container is used for every recipe, which can seem confusing when considering the price of this blender.
This one comes with stainless steel blades which makes it a top blender for pureeing food Compared to the Vitamix Quiet One and the Vitamix 5201, this one is cheap and still a strong enough blender for crushing ice.
Unlike the Nutribullet and Blendtec models, this blender boasts the ability to heat up cold ingredients with the friction of its blades alone! The 5200 is also on our list of the best frozen fruit smoothie blenders!
- Stainless steel blades – Breaking down food into a fine puree is tough on a blender so you really need stainless steel blades that won’t wear down over time!
- Huge 64-ounce container – Make large batches at once if you’re making food for a baby.
- Tamper included – Slide through the lid of your blender and quickly deal with annoying clumps and stubborn ingredients.
- Radial cooling fan and thermal protection system – Ensures your safety and that your blender cannot overheat.
- No smaller containers – You must use the 64-ounce container for everything, even the smallest batches
- Pricey – It’s almost $400, which is cheaper than some of the really powerful blenders, but still not cheap.
3. Most Affordable – Ninja BL610
This Ninja blender is powerful and has a 1.4 HP base with strong steel blades. It’s great for pulverizing food into a smooth mash. You shouldn’t have to spend 100s of dollars in order to get a quality blender, and this model is much more affordable than the Vitamix or Blendtec.
Play around with texture by switching between the 4 manual speeds on this blender. Whether you prefer your puree to be ultra smooth or a bit chunkier, the Ninja BL610 can get it done.
Read more: Best Margarita Blenders
This countertop blender is easy to use, dishwasher safe, and BPA free. Compared to its competitors, such as the Blendtec model, this blender is not self-cleaning however and requires disassembly, which can be time-consuming.
It also includes a helpful recipe guide for some inspiration and new recipes, so if you live alone and want to try an effective blender at a reasonable price, the Ninja is the one for you. You shouldn’t have to sharpen your blender blades for quite a while, but when you need to, we have some helpful tips for you.
- Powerful motor base and blades – Easily crushes ingredients for smooth pureed food.
- 4 manual speed options – Switch between speeds to get the texture you would like.
- Dishwasher safe and BPA free – No need to spend time cleaning manually.
- Only one size container – Does not include convenient cups or smaller jars for convenience.
- Not easy to clean – Has to be disassembled and put in the dishwasher to clean, unlike self-cleaning competitors.
4. Best for Small Batches – NutriBullet 1200W Blender Combo
For over a decade, Nutribullet has been the first word in food processors. Nutribullet blazed a trail for home blenders and set a high standard of demands from customers.
They’ve made a name for themselves in the blender world with their powerful engine technology.
The sleek, clean style is immediately recognizable as a Nutribullet product, and, true to form, they have developed a product that makes accomplishing a host of kitchen tasks easy for the average home chef.
The powerful motor is a classic Nutribullet selling point, and the 1.6 HP (1200W) motor of this blender is no slouch.
This powerful blender is built with families in mind, with a large 64oz pitcher to match its motor, allowing for plenty of capacity for large batches of pureed food! Small batches are also easy in the 32oz and 24oz cups, and that smaller capacity aids in the blending process.
There are some unfortunate instances of people’s motors overheating, in some instances leading to the food processor breaking altogether or leaking black liquid.
Now, these are anecdotal stories, outweighed massively by positive experiences; however, it’s worth acknowledging that while this sort of thing is very unlikely, it seems to be the dice we roll whatever model of food processor we choose. The NutriBullet 1200 is also the #1 rank on our list of the best blenders for hummus.
- Powerful – This 1.6 HP blender is ideal for breaking food down into a smooth texture – it’ll make light work of it, too!
- Price – This is a great value package for what you get – three cups and the blender. You get more for your money with NutriBullet.
- Different cups – The variation in cup sizes allows plenty of freedom for batch sizes, and the lids allow you to store your pureed food in BPA-free plastic, saving on the washing-up, too!
- Storage – It’s very big and certainly only worth buying if you’ve got the storage or don’t mind it taking up space on your kitchen tabletop.
- Can overheat – In some cases, the powerful motor has been known to overheat. Always follow the instructions and watch the blender carefully during use.
5. Most Balanced – Vitamix E310 Explorian
Alright, you’re looking for a high-quality blender that works immaculately and doesn’t cost you an arm or a leg.
This blender isn’t as quiet as the “Quiet One” by Vitamix, but it’s still on the quieter side for a Vitamix brand.
The Vitamix E310 Explorian is a powerful, compact and reliable blender that ticks all the boxes. Great capacity. Stainless steel blades. Vitamix durability. These have been on the market for a long-time and are still working excellently. You can check out our full Vitamix E310 vs E320 comparison to see how the product has changed.
This is also the most durable Vitamix on our list.
It’s solid and comes with a 10-speed dial. It’s relatively simple in design and user-friendly compared to other Vitamix blenders and delivers an excellent all-round performance.
When you aren’t using it to puree food, you can make ultra-smooth nut butter, world-class smoothies, and even use it for hot blends! It’s on our list of the best smoothie bowl blenders!
Let’s take a look at some of the points that make this Vitamix professional blender a great choice.
- Affordable – The Vitamix E310 is relatively affordable when compared to other professional blenders. It’s one of the best Vitamix blenders for your money.
- Sturdy build – Made from metal and plastic, ensuring a premium, high-end blender you can depend on. Makes it great for pureeing food.
- 10-speed settings – Choose from multiple speed settings to make perfectly smooth baby food. Minimum speed of 1,400 RPM and a max speed of 22,600 RPM – that’s fast!
- Reduced noise level – Compared to other blenders, it’s among the quieter models, with an audible output of 86db at its highest speed. It’s not as quiet as “The Quiet One,” but it’s quieter than most.
- Premium Ice Quality – This blender is exceptional at making premium bar quality crushed ice in under a minute.
- No Preset Modes – There aren’t any preset options, so a bit of trial and error is required.
- Bulky Design – It’s a big blender and needs to be stored on the counter because it’s too big for most cupboards.
Need convincing? Why we love the Vitamix E310
6. Best Immersion – Mueller Austria 500 Watt Stick
The first and only immersion hand blender on our list, the Mueller 500 watt stick is a compact and budget friendly-choice. Does it make for one of the best blenders for pureeing food?
Buying a blender can be a difficult choice simply based on the amount of money you’re expected to spend to afford a half-decent one. With this hand blender costing around $40, a fraction of previous models, that decision is an easy one.
This immersion blender packs a powerful 500-watt motor into its small frame, making it half as powerful as the other blenders on our list. It has nine speed levels as well as a pulse or turbo mode. Be sure to hold the Mueller with both hands if using the turbo mode, as this handheld blender packs a punch!
It’s great for blitzing ingredients into sauces, batters, and dips like hummus. However, running this handheld blender for more than a minute is likely to cause it to overheat; that’s simply the case with a cheaper product a lot of the time.
So using this immersion blender to make pureed food might take a little longer than using a food processor with a larger motor that can handle the stress. While blend quality isn’t compromised, if you’re looking for a more powerful blender that can get the job done quicker, then a free-standing choice might be better.
The blender end is easy to detach and clean, but the bell guard doesn’t have rounded edges, and the sharp plastic is likely to scratch your pans if you aren’t careful.
- Great value: At around $40, this hand blender is the cheapest on the list and a steal for a 500w motor.
- Blend as fast or slow as you need: Nine speed settings and turbo and pulse mode offer plenty of freedom.
- Easy to use: A comfortable grip allows for easy control.
- Cleaning and maintenance: Removable shaft for easy cleaning.
- Only suitable for short use: Not designed for prolonged use and can overheat quickly.
- Not suitable for all pans: The bell guard’s edges are sharp and could damage your pans.
- Can be too powerful: Turbo mode makes the Mueller harder to control.
7. Best Personal – NutriBullet Personal Blender
This personal blender is the model that helped Nutribullet become the first word in food processing.
While a full-size blender can look great and make you feel like a kitchen professional, chances are if it’s just you or your partner, a giant 64oz might be overkill for whatever you’re planning to make.
The 24oz cup of this compact processor makes it a good choice as a blender for blending baby food in more manageable batches. The 600-watt motor combined with the small space of the cup makes for easy, efficient blending.
Its compact size also makes it ideal for storage when not in use, unlike other bigger models – it could be the best mixer for puree food if you’re looking for a smaller option.
Here’s a video of someone using their NutriBullet to make baby food puree!
The trademark simplicity of Nutribullet blenders makes them easy to clean. No matter what you’re making, the two main blending components, the cup, and blades, are easy to detach and clean.
This blender uses the traditional Nutribullet twist and blend system so it only has one speed setting. The 600-watt motor means this is still a fine blender for making pureed food, but it lacks the freedom of previous models.
- Small: Handy compact size makes it easy to store – it won’t take up much counter space or you can put it away in the cupboard.
- Simple design: Straightforward lock and process mechanism is easy to use.
- Easy cleaning: Detachable components make it easy to wash and dishwasher safe, unlike many other blenders.
- Cheap: An affordable blender for everyday use.
- Limited controls: Only one speed setting.
- Not big enough for families: Smaller 24oz cup only useable for small batches.
8. Quietest Vitamix Blender – Vitamix “The Quiet One” 48 Oz
Vitamix “The Quiet One” is a formidable commercial-use blender with advanced noise reduction technology. That frustrating blender noise produced by your old-school blender – it’s gone.
People try so many ways to reduce blender noise, but this Vitamix blender has hit the nail on the head!
If you run a business and need quiet blenders to keep your customers happy and your staff sane – then this is the one for you.
This super-efficient countertop blender is the best quiet Vitamix blender you can buy. It’s fitted with exquisite noise reduction technology that helps alleviate that standard ultra-loud unpleasant and infuriating sound that everyone hates.
Most high-powered blenders range between 85 to 95 decibels at their highest speed, which is proven to be damaging to human hearing.
This Vitamix professional blender reduces noise to only 64db – the same level as an ordinary conversation. Pretty neat, right? If you need a quiet blender, this is a lifesaver. This makes it a great blender if you have a baby you don’t want to accidentally wake up.
The reduced noise doesn’t mean that you lose out on any of the awesome specs – it’s still incredibly powerful, reliable, and delivers exceptional and consistent blending every time.
Even though it’s quiet, it’s still plenty powerful. It has the second most horsepower on our list next to the Vitamix 5201. It also comes with stainless steel blades like the other Vitamix blenders, which makes it one of the best blenders to puree food for babies.
|Vitamix “Quiet One”|
- High-Quality Suitable For Commercial Use – Top brands like Starbucks use “The Quiet One Commercial Blender.”
- Reduced Noise Level – 21% quieter than regular blenders.
- Easy Pour Spout – prevent spills and messy cleanups with its precise, easy pour spout.
- High-quality Parts – Made from high-quality metal and equipped with plastic secure sound enclosure.
- 34 Quick-blend Settings – Easily select from a variety of presets to deliver the perfectly smooth pureed food.
- 6 Shortcut Buttons – Choose one of the smart shortcuts to help you create what you desire.
- Powerful motor – It comes equipped with a 3-horsepower motor that makes it one of the most powerful blenders on the market.
- Premium Cost – It’s quite expensive, and maybe isn’t the most budget-friendly option.
- Short Warranty – Warranty coverage of only three years.
- Programming Errors – Customers have reported some programming issues.
- Not Dishwasher Friendly – The parts need to be hand-washed with dish soap.
Read our deep dive: Is the Vitamix Quiet One worth it?
What Type of Blender is Best for Making Baby Food?
There are several different types of blenders out there for you to choose from. The countertop/standard blenders are more expensive than the immersion or personal blenders. They are more powerful, durable, and will blend more effectively.
Hand/ Immersion Blender VS Countertop Blender
Countertop blenders are generally somewhat more powerful than handheld immersion blenders. This means that they can create creamier purees and smoother soups. Plus you don’t have to worry about hand fatigue. On the other hand, however, they take up more storage space and are more difficult to clean.
My wife and I have a one year old so we’ve been making our own baby food for about 8 months now to save money on store bought food.
When our baby was little we used an immersion blender, but we found that we couldn’t get the consistency smooth enough to work well. The chunks were too much for our little one.
We used our Vitamix 5200 and it worked amazingly well. We’d make a huge batch of baby food, store them in single serve containers and then freeze the rest.
The best blender for pureeing baby food is a standard countertop blender, but an immersion blender will work once they get a bit older.
Buyers’ Guide: How to Pick the Best Blender to Puree Food
There’s a lot to consider when comparing the best blenders for pureeing food. The most important criteria we looked at were: price, power, capacity, and overall quality.
Power and Speed
Blenders can be measured in terms of wattage, RPMs, or horsepower. Each of these quantifies how powerful the blenders are. We did our best to convert each of these data points to horsepower so that we can compare apples to apples.
The more finely/smooth you want your pureed food, the more powerful a blender you’ll need.
As you can see, the Vitamix “The Quiet One” is the most powerful on our list, but it’s also the most expensive. Our #1 overall pick, the Cleanblend Commercial Blender, isn’t far behind in power and is a fraction of the cost.
If you’re looking for an affordable blender or are on a tight budget, you do not have to sacrifice quality to get what you’re looking for. Many high-performance, durable machines are available on the market for impressively low prices.
Before buying, you should assess your budget and consider what your priorities are when it comes to features. High-tech appliances are great, but may only offer impressive features that do not actually serve you well.
As you can see, the Ninja BL610 is the most affordable countertop blender on our list. If you want to get an immersion blender, then the Mueller Austria is actually even cheaper.
Blenders come in a variety of sizes. The immersion blenders don’t have a capacity limit because you use them in whatever bowl or glassware container that you’d like to use.
The standard blenders are larger while the personal ones are obviously smaller.
The highest capacity blender on our list also happens to be the cheapest, the Ninja BL610.
If you’re trying to make baby food in a blender, you may not need a full 64oz container. It’s great though to have some space we so recommend the Nutribullet 1200W Blender Combo. It holds 32oz which is optimal for making a good sized batch of baby food without going overboard.
A higher blender capacity allows you to blend more at one time, though it will mean a larger size and will take up more space. In order to work out the total working capacity, calculate 50% of the total volume of your blender.
Materials & build quality
It’s incredibly important to consider the quality of a blender. You don’t want to be stuck with a low-quality blender that cracks or breaks after minimal use!
You should pick a blender that has stainless steel blades and come with a hard plastic or polycarbonate casing.
Do your diligent research to ensure your blender doesn’t crack under pressure when it’s put to the test. Vitamix has different ‘series’ of blenders so it could be good for you to dig into which one is right for you! Check out our Vitamix Ascent vs Explorian comparison to get started.
The good news is that Vitamix offers an incredible 10 year warranty so even if you have issues, you can always get them fixed.
Common Questions about Pureeing Food in a Blender
You can use blenders, food processors, or stick blenders to puree food. You can even use regular old silverware if you’re really determined. We recommend using a countertop blender or food processor.
Blenders can be used to puree food! We recommend using a countertop blender instead of an immersion blender.
Ninja’s blender can be used to puree food! It’s one of the most affordable blenders for pureeing food.
A food processor will be slightly better at pureeing food, but they are not as versatile to use.
Final Verdict: Which Blender is Right for You?
Trying to find the best blender to puree food comes down to several factors, such as price, capacity, power, and overall quality.
Our #1 pick is the Cleanblend Commercial Blender. No other blender on this list has the right mix of power, capacity, and price. It’s cheaper than the Vitamix blenders and has the same power and size. It won’t be quite as durable, but as long as you aren’t trying to blend ice regularly, you’ll be golden. If you’re real tight on funds, but need a blender to puree food, go with the Ninja BL610. It’s the cheapest on this list and will get the job done as long as you aren’t pureeing super hard foods.