This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission. Thanks.
This healthy green detox smoothie is one of our all-time favorite green smoothies! It’s incredibly healthy and I can personally guarantee that it will help get your system moving the way you need it to. The combo of spinach, celery, and cucumber gives it a killer combo of green veggies while the pineapple helps balance out the bitterness.
This smoothie has a whopping 15g of fiber thanks to the chia and hemp seeds!
This detox green smoothie is especially good for breakfast or if you’re doing a green smoothie cleanse! The best part is that this recipe is only 330 calories!
This green detox smoothie recipe has become one of my go-to colon cleansing recipes when I need some help in the digestive department. It’s also a great reset after vacation or if you’re trying to kickstart a new diet. If you like healthy green smoothies, this one’s for you!
Ingredients for the Best Detox Green Smoothie
This detox green smoothie recipe has more ingredients than most smoothies we make, but that’s because we wanted to load it up with a good balance of vitamins, nutrients, and fiber. If you’re missing any ingredients, check out our variations and substitutes in the next section.
- Spinach – Spinach is one of my favorite veggies for smoothies! It’s super easy to blend, isn’t bitter, and is packed with fiber, folic acid, and Vitamin A, and K. We’ve got more spinach smoothie recipes for weight loss if you want more ideas!
- Orange juice – Orange juice is one of our favorite smoothie base liquids! It’s sweet, citrusy, and is a great balance for this green detox smoothie.
- Celery – Celery is incredibly low in calories so it’s great for adding volume to your green detox smoothie recipes! It’s also high in potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
- Cucumber (sliced) – Cucumber is crazy high in Vitamin K! It’s low in calories and gives you 2-3g of fiber per serving as well.
- Pineapple – Pineapple is the perfect fruit pairing for this detox green smoothie recipe! You get a ton of sweetness and flavor to offset the bitterness of the greens without adding a ton of calories. Pineapple is one of the best ways to naturally sweeten smoothies!
- Ginger (sliced) – If you want green smoothies for detoxing, ginger is almost an essential ingredient! There are a ton of health benefits for ginger and it’s great for digestion.
- Hemp seeds – Hemp seeds are one of the best ways to add protein to smoothies! They’ve got 5g per serving as well as 4g of fiber.
- Chia seeds – Chia seeds are also a great source of protein and fiber! One tablespoon will give you 5.6g of fiber for this green detox smoothie! That’s why it’s one of the best high fiber smoothies!
This one has a bunch of ingredients, but that’s why it’s one of the best meal replacement smoothies!
Variations to this Recipe
My wife and I tested this green smoothie detox recipe a bunch and had a tough time getting it dialed in! Honestly, detox smoothies aren’t exactly known for being the best tasting. We did our best to make this taste great! There are a few variations you can try to jazz this one up.
- Coconut water – Coconut water is known for being great for digestion and stomach health! If you want a bit of coconut flavor, use this as your base liquid.
- Kale – Kale is one of the most popular greens for smoothies! It’s a bit more bitter than spinach which is why we didn’t include it. If you don’t have any spinach then kale is a great substitute — check out our list of kale weight loss smoothies for ideas!
- Blueberries – You can add any berries to this green detox smoothie recipe, but blueberries are our favorite! They’re loaded with antioxidants and lower GI so they’re great for digestion. Blueberries are super popular in our list of low sugar smoothies.
- Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla) – This smoothie already has a decent amount of protein, but if you wanted to ramp it up even more you can add some Greek yogurt! Every ¼ cup adds about 5g of protein. This is one of our yogurt free smoothies, but if you want some, add some! GY would definitely help make a smoothie more filling.
Health Benefits of Green Detox Smoothie Recipes
This green detox smoothie recipe is one of the best detox smoothies out there! It’s healthy for you and it tastes great. There are lots of benefits to drinking smoothies, but here are 3 for this one:
- Digestive health – Almost every ingredient on our list is known for being great for digestive health! If you want to clean out your system, this is the one for you.
- Dairy free – This recipe has zero dairy so its perfect if you’re lactose intolerant. Check out our list of dairy free smoothies for more recipes like this!
- High fiber – This detox green smoothie is crazy high in fiber! It’s got over 15g which is higher than most of the smoothies we make.
- Full of greens – This smoothie is loaded with three different greens: spinach, celery, and cucumber. It’s incredibly healthy and will keep your system moving right along.
Healthy Detox Green Smoothie (15g of Fiber!)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup celery
- ⅓ cup cucumber
- ½ cup pineapple
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 T hemp seeds
- 1 T chia seeds
- Add the spinach and orange juice to the blender first.
- Blend for a minute or until all the green flakes are thoroughly blended.
- Add celery, cucumber, pineapple, ginger, hemp seeds, and chia seeds to the blender.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Tips for Making Detox Green Smoothies
My wife and I are huge fans of smoothies! We probably make them 4-5x a week and we’ve published 150 articles with all of our tips and advice along the way!
Here are a few quick tips to help you blend the best green detox smoothie recipe possible:
- Blend the greens first – The most important rule for making fantastic smoothies is to blend the spinach by itself with the orange juice. This will make sure you don’t get any stringy pieces of spinach in your smoothie.
- Use a high powered blender – Using a high powered blender is critical to making smoothies smoother! We’ve done dozens of blender reviews and our favorite is the Vitamix E310.
- Make them in advance – If you want to drink smoothies every day it can be a hassle to make them fresh. Make a big batch on Monday morning and store leftover smoothies in the fridge for the week! We’ve also a guide that’ll teach you how to freeze smoothies for later.