This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission. Thanks.
This healthy green goddess smoothie recipe is one of our all time favorites! It’s packed with both spinach and kale and it’s balanced out by the pineapple and banana! The almond milk brings it all together with a creamy texture while the greek yogurt gives it a pack of protein!
This green goddess shake is one of the best green smoothies for weight loss!
The best part is that this recipe is less than 300 calories!
If you’re looking for a green goddess smoothie recipe, then you’re going to love this one! It’s become one of our go-to meal replacement smoothies over the last few months. If you’re new to drinking green smoothies, this is a great recipe to start with. The bitterness of the greens are offset by the fruit!
Ingredients for the Best Green Goddess Smoothie
It took my wife and I a while to get this recipe nailed! The kale and spinach paired together can be a lot of greens to handle so it’s key to have some fruit to balance it out. The hardest part was getting the recipe dialed in at under 300 calories.
- Spinach – Spinach is our favorite veggie for smoothies because it’s not bitter, blends easily, and is full of Vitamin K, A, fiber, and folic acid. If you like spinach, check out our list of spinach weight loss smoothies if you want more ideas!
- Kale – Kale is our second favorite green veggie for smoothies! It’s super high in Vitamin A, C, and dietary fiber. The only downside is that kale is more bitter, but you can easily offset it with fruit. If you like kale smoothies, then this green goddess smoothie recipe is perfect for you!
- Almond milk – Almond milk is easily the best milk for smoothies! It’s super low in calories (35 per cup) which is why we created a list of almond milk smoothies! Almond milk is great for making smoothies smoother!
- Green apple – Apples are great for smoothies! They are high in Vitamin A, C, calcium, and iron. They blend super easily and are a lower GI source of carbs compared to other fruits.
- Pineapple – Frozen pineapple is great for giving your smoothie a hint of tropical flavor and sweetness. It’s also an incredible source of Vitamin C.
- Banana – Bananas are one of the best smoothie ingredients because they are high in potassium, Vitamin B6, and they are the best fruit for making smoothies creamier.
- Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla) – If you want to add protein to a smoothie then greek yogurt is your best friend! A ¼ cup will add 5g per serving.
Variations to this Recipe
This green goddess smoothie recipe is only 296 calories. We’ve included some variations if you don’t mind a few extra calories! The chia or hemp seeds are a good touch for some extra fiber.
- Coconut milk – We wanted to give this smoothie a tropical, citrusy flair so we went with orange juice, but you could definitely give it a splash of coconut milk! This is a common milk alternative in our list of dairy free smoothies.
- Nut butter – Any kind of nut butter goes well in this smoothie! We love using natural peanut butter or almond butter — especially if we’re making healthy breakfast smoothies!
- Orange juice – Orange juice is one of the best liquid bases for smoothies! It’s the perfect pairing for this green goddess smoothie recipe if you don’t mind the extra sugar! Orange is popular in our list of high calorie smoothies because it can add some extra cals.
- Chia or Hemp seeds – Chia and hemp seeds are both high in fiber and protein! Adding a tablespoon of either (or both!) is one of the best way to make high fiber smoothies for constipation.
Health Benefits of Green Goddess Smoothies
This green goddess smoothie tastes great and it’s healthy for you! There are all kinds of benefits of smoothies, but here are the 5 for this green goddess smoothie recipe:
- Low calories – This recipe is less than 300 calories! That’s why it’s on our list of NutriBullet weight loss smoothies and cheap weight loss smoothies.
- High in potassium – This recipe has 830mg of potassium, which is more than most smoothies! Drink a green goddess smoothie and you’ll be well on your way to hitting the recommended daily intake of potassium.
- High fiber – This smoothie is loaded with almost 10g of fiber thanks to the kale and spinach, which is why it’s one of the best colon cleansing smoothies.
- Full of greens – This green goddess smoothie is the perfect starter recipe for green smoothies.
- Higher Protein – The greek yogurt in this one helps give it 15g of protein! If you wanted to add more, you could do a bit of protein powder or chia seeds.
Healthy Green Goddess Smoothie
- ½ cup spinach
- ½ cup kale
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ apple
- 1 cup pineapple
- ½ banana
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- Add the spinach, kale, and almond milk to the blender first. Blend for a minute or until all the green flakes are thoroughly blended.
- Add apple, pineapple, banana and greek yogurt to the blender.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Tips for Making Green Goddess Smoothie Recipes
My wife and I have been making smoothies 4-5 days a week for the last few years! We’ve made hundreds of smoothies and we’ve perfected them. Over the last year, we’ve written 150+ articles all about smoothies.
Here are four quick tips to help you make the best green goddess smoothie possible:
- Cut your frozen fruit – We recommend using frozen fruit because you get colder smoothies! The only downside is that it can be hard for some blenders. Cut your frozen fruit into smaller chunks!
- Soak your kale – Soaking kale in water for half an hour can make a big difference! You don’t have to do this, but it will help soften the kale so it blends more easily.
- Blend the greens first – One pro tip is to blend your kale and spinach by itself with the almond milk. This will get it thoroughly chopped up into an almost green juice. Then add the rest of your ingredients!
- Make them in advance – If you want to drink smoothies every day it can be a hassle to make them fresh. Make a big batch on Monday morning and store leftover smoothies in the fridge for the week!