This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission. Thanks.
These 18 high fiber smoothies for constipation all have more than 10g of fiber!
Most smoothies only have 3-4g per serving so these have 2-3x as much as the average smoothie!
If you’re dealing with constipation issues, these high fiber smoothie recipes will help get your digestive system moving again.
- Tips for Making Smoothies to Make You Poop
- Common Ingredients for High Fiber Smoothies
- 18 High Fiber Smoothies for Constipation
- 1. Easy Flax Seed Smoothie
- 2. Avocado Pineapple High Fiber Smoothie
- 3. Balanced Breakfast Smoothie
- 4. Banana Flax Berry Smoothie
- 5. 5 Seed Strawberry Smoothie
- 6. Strawberry Banana Flax Seed Smoothie
- 7. Balanced Green Smoothie
- 8. Flaxseed Protein Shake
- 9. Creamy Strawberry Chia Seed Smoothie
- 10. Banana Smoothie with Almond Butter and Flax
- 11. Energy Boost Flax Seed Smoothie
- 12. Superfood Smoothie
- 13. Nutty Flax and Berry Smoothie
- 14. Fruit and Oatmeal Flax Smoothie
- 15. Green Smoothie with Chia and Flax
- 16. Raspberry Chia Smoothie
- 17. Chocolate Smoothie
- 18. High Fiber Fruit and Veggie Smoothie
- Common Questions About Smoothies for Constipation
Tips for Making Smoothies to Make You Poop
If you want some tips on making the best smoothies for constipation, I’ve got you covered. Let me just say that these are tried and true based on experience…
- Use lots of greens – Using lots of green vegetables in your smoothies is the best way to get lots of fiber! We have a list of kale smoothies and spinach smoothie recipes if you need more ideas.
- Add cold brew – Adding a bit of caffeine is an easy way to make smoothies that help you poop. Cold brew is one of the best smoothie liquid bases because of the caffeine boost to start your day!
- Use erythritol or sugar alcohol sweeteners – This is a bit controversial, but it works like a charm! Your body has a hard time digesting fake sweeteners and so they will often speed up digestion.
- Add seeds – Add a tablespoon of flax seeds, chia seeds, or hemp seeds into your next smoothie! It’s an easy way to get more fiber content. If you’re wondering why smoothies make you poop, it’s probably the added fiber from ingredients like these.
- Avoid dairy – For some people dairy can actually negatively impact digestion! Try one of our dairy free smoothies if this is you.
- Prunes + Dates – Prunes and dates have a laxative effect! If you really need to speed things up, add a couple of these into your next smoothie.
The only downside of high fiber smoothies is that insoluble fiber is what makes a smoothie foamy. That’s why it’s key to offset the fiber with ingredients like bananas, yogurt, and to use milk for your smoothie base.
Common Ingredients for High Fiber Smoothies
I thought it’d be helpful to share some of the best ingredients for high fiber smoothies! We’ve done our research and this will help you make the best smoothies for constipation.
|Ingredient||Serving Size||Fiber Content|
|Flax seed||1 tbsp||3g|
|Chia seeds||1 tbsp||5.6g|
Some people have claimed that blending fruits and vegetables destroys fiber, but thankfully they’re wrong! Blending up your food does not change the nutrition content.
18 High Fiber Smoothies for Constipation
After a few months of testing, these are the best smoothies for constipation! Every one of them has at least 10g of fiber so you know these are the right smoothies to make you poop.
1. Easy Flax Seed Smoothie
This easy flax seed smoothie is just that – easy! You can use any fruits you have on hand, but this recipe calls for frozen banana, frozen mango, flax seed, spinach, ginger, water, and orange juice. If you want to learn how to make a smoothie with water, check out this recipe!
It’s filled with tropical fruit and full of healthy fiber to loosen things up so that you can be more regular. It’s a perfect smoothie to help you poop.
2. Avocado Pineapple High Fiber Smoothie
This smoothie is packed with fibrous foods to alleviate constipation and it’s supplemented with chia seeds. According to this recipe, you can add MiraLAX for extra relief and you won’t even taste the difference.
This recipe contains water (or pineapple juice!), frozen banana, avocado, pineapple, and chia seeds. This is one of the best high fiber smoothies and guaranteed to get things moving. The added chia seeds are one of the best yogurt substitutes for smoothies because they help make smoothies thicker!
3. Balanced Green Smoothie
This is a great smoothie to help with constipation. It’s also a perfect meal replacement smoothie for breakfast. This recipe contains almond milk, spinach, flax seeds, chia seeds, banana, almonds, berries, and protein powder.
The extra greens in this high fiber smoothie will really help get things moving.
4. Banana Flax Berry Smoothie
We love this smoothie for the flavor, but it’s also a perfect smoothie for to help with constipation and bloating. It’s packed with berries, banana, flax seeds, chia seeds, and milk. It also calls for honey which is one of our favorite natural ways to sweeten a smoothie.
5. 5 Seed Strawberry Smoothie
This 5 Seed Strawberry Smoothie is packed with nutritious seeds making it a great smoothie to make you poop. The recipe has banana, strawberries, coconut water, almond milk, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds and flax seeds. If you like this one, check out our other almond milk smoothies for weight loss!
This easy to make smoothie is great for extra nutrients from all the healthy superfood seeds!
6. Strawberry Banana Flax Seed Smoothie
This flax seed smoothie will change the game for sure! This smoothie is a delicious strawberry banana smoothie with flaxseed and soy milk, making it a perfect snack or smoothie on the go.
7. Pregnancy Smoothie
For all the mamas, this smoothie is for you! This is packed with nutrients to help you maintain energy while growing another human inside you. The recipe calls for spinach, banana, pineapple, coconut water, carrots, and chia seeds.
Even if you’re not pregnant, this is a great smoothie to make for extra energy. If you want to make a recipe with the best vegetables for smoothies, give this one a try!
8. Flaxseed Protein Shake
Need a packed protein snack or meal that will also help you be more regular? This is a great smoothie that keeps you full for longer. This creamy, peanut-y smoothie has banana, peanut butter, flax seeds, milk, and greek yogurt. This is my wife’s favorite type of smoothie!
The combo of greek yogurt and banana is the perfect way to make a smoothie creamier!
9. Creamy Strawberry Chia Seed Smoothie
This is a tasty high fiber smoothie that is great for kids and packed with healthy nutrients. Strawberries, banana, greek yogurt, almond milk, vanilla extract, and chia seeds are all you need for this delicious smoothie.
10. Banana Smoothie with Almond Butter and Flax
This banana smoothie with almond butter and flax recipe has dates, almond milk, vanilla yogurt, banana, chia seeds, flax seeds, and milk. Together it makes a delicious creamy smoothie that will help you stay regular while filling you up with healthy nutrients.
The combo of almond milk, yogurt, and banana is the perfect combo to make smoothies smooth!
11. Energy Boost Flax Seed Smoothie
If you’re looking for a great smoothie to make you poop that will also boost your energy, this recipe is the best! A tropical, vegan smoothie is all you need to make your day brighter. This smoothie is packed with banana, pineapple, mango, almond milk, flax seeds, chia seeds, and cinnamon.
12. Superfood Smoothie
This superfood smoothie is packed with high fiber making it a great smoothie for constipation. This purple smoothie has berries, banana, almond butter, spinach, flax seeds, and chia seeds. It tastes so good, you’d never realize how healthy it is.
13. Nutty Flax and Berry Smoothie
This is one of the best smoothies for constipation and bloating! Packed with fiber and protein, this nutty delicious smoothie will be a great recipe to add into your smoothie routine. It contains almond milk, almond butter, banana, mixed berries, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, honey and chia seeds. This is one of my favorite smoothies on this list!
14. Fruit and Oatmeal Flax Smoothie
This Fruit and Oatmeal Flax Smoothie is a high fiber smoothie that is guaranteed to help fight constipation. Oats are a great way to increase energy especially in the mornings. This smoothie contains mixed berries, oats, almond milk, greek yogurt, and flaxseeds.
15. Green Smoothie with Chia and Flax
This green smoothie is helpful if you’re struggling with constipation because it’s packed with fiber. With several greens, this smoothie is a great one to boost your energy and metabolism. Blend green apple, avocado, melon, cucumber, broccoli, ginger, chia seeds and flax seeds for this green goddess smoothie.
16. Raspberry Chia Smoothie
Need a tasty smoothie that helps fight bloating? This is one of our favorite high fiber smoothies that is packed with antioxidants. Combine raspberries, bananas, chia seeds, flax seeds, almond butter, and almond milk in a blender to make this smoothie.
17. Chocolate Smoothie
This smoothie is a nice sweet treat that also helps to get things moving. It’s also a great, healthy alternative to going through the drive-through line for your favorite fast food shake! Combine water, medjool dates, flax seeds, hemp seeds, cocoa powder, almond butter and spinach to make this chocolatey, decadent smoothie.
18. High Fiber Fruit and Veggie Smoothie
This High Fiber Fruit and Veggie Smoothie is great for getting a good balance of nutrients. This smoothie contains spinach, strawberries, banana, flax seeds, wheat germ (or extra flax for gluten free), vanilla extract, unsweet vanilla almond milk, and stevia. Blend it together for a few minutes and you’ll have an easy, delicious smoothie!
Common Questions About Smoothies for Constipation
Smoothies with avocado are great for making you poop because avocado is so high in fiber! For a 100g serving, it will have almost 7g of fiber.
Smoothies can be high in fiber if you use high fiber ingredients! Use ingredients like kale, spinach, avocado, and chia seeds and you’ll easily have 10g of fiber per smoothie!
Smoothies are great for constipation if you use the right ingredients! Load them up with veggies full of fiber and it’ll help your digestive system get moving.