This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission. Thanks.
Picking a new blender for your kitchen is a huge decision. Quality blenders are expensive and last forever so whatever you buy, you’re going to be stuck with.
We’ve got an epic list of the best blenders for green smoothies for you to pick from.
The team at World of Blenders (a master home cook and a professional chef) used 3 criteria to find the best green smoothie blenders:
You can scroll down to our buyers guide to see why these criteria matter. Our motto is “buy it once” and that means investing in a higher end blender.
The right blender will be powerful, durable, and won’t break the bank. If you plan to make green smoothies on a regular basis, we recommend spending a little bit extra to get a Vitamix or Ninja.
That’s why our top two picks are:
- Overall best: Vitamix E310.This is the best blender for green smoothies on the market! It’s powerful, holds 64oz, and carries the Vitamix brand–a guarantee of high quality.
- Most affordable: Ninja BL610. If you’re tight on funds, but need a new blender–this is our go-to option.
Our team has spent over 50 hours researching and comparing all of the most popular blenders. We’ve written over 60 articles helping people find the best blender for their specific needs. We’ve read through hundreds of customer testimonials and personally tested 50+ blenders from brands like Ninja, Vitamix, Oster, NutriBullet, and more.
- New Article: Best Blender for Green Smoothies
- 9 Best Blenders for Green Smoothies
- 1. Overall Best Blender for Green Smoothies – Vitamix E310 Explorian
- 2. Most Affordable – Ninja BL610
- 3. Most Powerful – Blendtec 800 Professional
- 4. Best for Small Batches – NutriBullet 1200W Blender Combo
- 5. Most Balanced – Cleanblend Commercial Blender
- 6. Overall Quietest – Vitamix “The Quiet One” 48 Oz
- 7. Best High-Tech – Vitamix A3300
- 8. Best Commercial Blender – Vitamix A3500
- 9. Best Personal – NutriBullet Personal Blender
- What Type of Blender is Best for Making Green Smoothies?
- Buyers’ Guide: How to Pick the Best Blender for Green Smoothies
- Common Questions About Blending Green Smoothies
- Final Verdict: Which Blender is Right for You?
What Makes a Blender Best for Green Smoothies?
The MOST important thing to making amazing green smoothies is getting a smooth consistency.
Nothing will ruin your smoothie like chunk of stringy kale that didn’t get blended.
Texture matters the most and the key to getting the right texture is having the right blender.
The most important criteria will be power. You need a blender that can run at a high speed and completely blitz out all the chunks until the green smoothie is perfectly smooth. Getting a strong blender is the key to making smoothies creamy.
That’s why most of the blenders on our list are at least 1.5 horsepower. If you’re using frozen fruit, this is a must. If you’re using all fresh, you can get by with a blender between 1 and 1.5 HP.
9 Best Blenders for Green Smoothies
Here’s a quick overview showing all of our top picks and the factors we looked at in our research. You can click through on any model to check out the recent price. You can also take a look at other customers’ reviews to get a more full picture.
|Blendtec Professional 800
|Best for small batches
|Cleanblend Commercial Blender
|Vitamix “The Quiet One”
1. Overall Best Blender for Green Smoothies – Vitamix E310 Explorian
The Vitamix E310 Explorian blender is a beast of a machine. The aircraft-grade stainless steel blades have an impressive 3-inch cutting diameter and will decimate the toughest ingredients.
The E310’s variable speed control and pulse function take care of everything from frozen drinks and smoothies to salsa and purees. Anything you put in it comes out with perfect consistency and texture every time! The pulse feature makes a great blender for cooking where you want your sauce, soup, or curry to have some chunks in it. Check out how many watts you need for a good blender.
The Vitamix E310 Explorian is a powerful, compact and reliable blender that ticks all the boxes. Great capacity. Stainless steel blades. Vitamix durability. These have been on the market for a long-time and are still working excellently. The E310 was an upgrade from the E320.
This blender is built to last – Vitamix is known for making some of the highest quality blenders on the market. You won’t need to replace this model in a hurry! With a 5 year warranty backed by Vitamix, this is a no brainer for one of our top picks.
The E310 comes with a smaller container, making it the best choice for cooks who work with smaller batches. This blender can make just about anything you’d ever need, but it’s also on our list of the best acai bowl blenders!
The Vitamix Explorian features 10 different speed settings, which can be adjusted using a dial to achieve the exact consistency you’re aiming for.
Check out our full Vitamix Explorian 310 review!
- 10-speed settings – Choose from multiple speed settings to make the perfect blends for curry, hot soups, and everything in between. Minimum speed of 1,400 RPM and a max speed of 22,600 RPM – that’s fast!
- Size – The 48-ounce container is perfect for blending medium sized batches of food.
- Usability – The blender has a 4.5-foot cord providing a great range of movement in the kitchen.
- Cleaning – Though not dishwasher safe, it is not difficult to clean the E310. Simply add some dish soap and use the pulse feature, and the E310 is ready to store or use again.
- Price – As far as Vitamix goes, this is the most affordable model.
- Made in the USA – Vitamix was founded over 100 years ago and has been based in Ohio since 1948.
- Affordable – 310 is relatively affordable when compared to other Vitamix blenders.
- Sturdy build – Made from metal and plastic, ensuring a premium, high-end blender you can depend on.
- Reduced noise level – Compared to other blenders on this list like the Vitamix 5200, this is quieter.
- Great For Hot Blending – Easily blends multiple servings of hot ingredients with no issue at all.
- Premium Ice Quality – This blender is exceptional at making premium bar quality crushed ice in under a minute.
- Not dishwasher safe – The E310 is not dishwasher safe and needs to be cleaned using the dish soap and blend cleaning method.
- No Preset Modes – There aren’t any preset options, so a bit of trial and error is required.
- Bulky Design – It’s a big blender and needs to be stored on the counter because it’s too big for most cupboards.
2. Most Affordable – Ninja BL610
This Ninja blender is powerful and has a 1.4 HP base with strong steel blades, great for blending up your frozen greens or harder fruits like green apples. You shouldn’t have to spend hundreds of dollars in order to get a quality blender for green smoothies, and this model is much more affordable than the Vitamix or Blendtec.
The Ninja 610 will have no problem blending up any vegetables for smoothies!
Play around with texture by switching between the 4 manual speeds on this blender. Whether you prefer your green smoothies to be super thick or more on the thin side, the Ninja BL610 can get it done.
This countertop blender is easy to use, dishwasher safe, and BPA-free. Compared to its competitors, such as the Blendtec model, this blender is not self-cleaning and requires disassembly, which can be time-consuming.
It also includes a helpful recipe guide for some inspiration and new recipes, so if you want to try an effective blender at a reasonable price, the Ninja is the one for you.
Read more: Best blenders for margaritas
- Powerful motor base and blades – Easily crushes ingredients for smooth green smoothies.
- 4 manual speed options – Switch between speeds to get the texture you would like.
- Dishwasher safe and BPA-free – No need to spend time cleaning manually.
- Only one size container – Does not include convenient cups or smaller jars for convenience.
- Not easy to clean – Has to be disassembled and put in the dishwasher to clean, unlike self-cleaning competitors.
3. Most Powerful – Blendtec 800 Professional
It’s hard to believe this Blendtec 800 can be built with a 3.8 peak horsepower motor and still be quiet. The noise level of the blender is below 65 decibels compared to 88 decibels which is the normal noise level for other blenders.
What makes the blender this quiet? It features noise reduction of the 360-degree sealed sound enclosure to reduce the noise. Also, the container is further enclosed with a second jar designed to stop the noise. Additionally, there is an advanced sound dampening airflow technology.
Honestly, a Blendtec blender is what you’ll most often see in coffee and smoothie shops, for the excellent power without excessive noise that they deliver.
Another small feature that might throw you off — this blender has a USB port. But don’t get excited; it’s a carryover from its commercial model cousin, and it just uploads programs.
The Blendtec Professional 800 blender has the 6 most popular pre-programmed settings for different recipes. You choose from smoothies, whole juice, soups, margaritas, bread dough, frozen desserts, and even whip egg whites in this blender! The ability to simply touch a button and walk away while it blends is incredible for getting more done in the kitchen, in less time!
After testing this blender, we’re planning to update our list of the best blenders for frozen fruit smoothies to include it!
Check out our full Blendtec 800 review for more info!
|3.8 HP or 1800 watts
|BPA free, 11 speed slider, pulse function, 6 pre-programmed settings, touchscreen interface
- Power – It comes equipped with a 3.8 horsepower motor that makes it one of the most powerful blenders on the market, more than most Vitamixes.
- Noise level – The Blendtec comes with a sound reducing shield that makes it one of the quietest blenders you can buy.
- Warranty – The 10 year warranty is one of the longest warranties you can get on a blender! It makes the high price tag a better value.
- Expensive – This is one of the most expensive blenders we’ve tested so if you’re on a budget, it’s probably not the one for you.
- No Tamper – The Blendtec 800 doesn’t come with a tamper to push the food down so it can be tough to blend thicker recipes.
- Bulky – The 90 oz container + the soundproof case gives this blender a large footprint on your counter. You really won’t be able to put it away, so you’ll need designated countertop space.
4. Best for Small Batches – NutriBullet 1200W Blender Combo
For over a decade, Nutribullet has been the first brand to come to mind for food processors. Nutribullet blazed a trail for home blenders and set a high standard of demands from customers.
They’ve made a name for themselves in the blender world with their powerful engine technology.
The sleek, clean style is immediately recognizable as a Nutribullet product, and, true to form, they have developed a product that makes accomplishing a host of kitchen tasks easy for the average home chef.
The powerful motor is a classic Nutribullet selling point, and the 1.6 HP (1200W) motor of this blender is no slouch.
This powerful blender is built with families in mind, with a large 64oz pitcher to match its motor, allowing for plenty of capacity for large batches of green smoothies every day for a healthy breakfast! Small batches are also easy in the 32oz and 24oz cups, and that smaller capacity aids in the blending process.
The best part about this NutriBullet blender is the versatility in capacity. Sometimes you might just want to make a single serve green smoothie and that can be tough in the 64oz Vitamix containers.
There are some unfortunate instances of people’s motors overheating or leaking black liquid, in some instances leading to the food processor breaking altogether.
Now, these are anecdotal stories, outweighed massively by positive experiences; however, it’s worth acknowledging that while this sort of thing is very unlikely, it seems to be the dice we roll whatever model of blender we choose. The NutriBullet 1200 is also the #1 rank on our list of the best blenders for making hummus.
- Powerful – This 1.6 HP blender is great for breaking down frozen fruit into a nice smoothie!
- Price – This is a great value package for what you get – three cups and the blender. You get more for your money with NutriBullet.
- Different cups – The variation in cup sizes allows plenty of freedom for batch sizes, and the lids allow you to store your smoothies in BPA-free plastic, saving on the washing-up, too!
- Storage – It’s very big and certainly only worth buying if you’ve got the storage or don’t mind it taking up space on your kitchen tabletop.
- Can overheat – In some cases, the powerful motor has been known to overheat. Always follow the instructions and watch the blender carefully during use.
5. Most Balanced – Cleanblend Commercial Blender
Another strong contender for the top blender for green smoothies is the commercial blender from Cleanblend, which boasts an extremely powerful 1800 watt base and an 8 point stainless steel blade. You’ll never have to worry about getting chunks in your smoothies again.
The large container allows you to cater to many guests and prepare large batches. It is also BPA-free and dishwasher safe. You can rest assured that this blender is durable and long-lasting, able to blend up ingredients in seconds without causing damage.
Compared to the Ninja and Nutribullet, this blender has a much more powerful motor base to successfully blend hard, frozen ingredients such as ice or frozen fruit.
Though this blender does reach high speeds due to its powerful motor base, unlike its competitors it may require some help. Holding the container into place while blending prevents it from coming loose. This powerful blender is also on our list of the best blenders to puree food!
|Cleanblend Commercial Blender
- Powerful and heavy-duty – Gets the job done without damage.
- Quiet – This blender is quieter than its competitors!
- Versatile – Can make frozen drinks and hot soups.
- Tamper included – Prevent ingredients from getting stuck and clumped together.
- Does not lock to base – Important to hold the blender down at a high speed.
6. Overall Quietest – Vitamix “The Quiet One”
Vitamix “The Quiet One” is a formidable commercial-use blender with advanced noise reduction technology. That frustrating blender noise produced by your old-school blender – it’s gone.
People try so many ways to reduce blender noise, but this Vitamix blender has hit the nail on the head!
If you run a business and need quiet blenders to keep your customers happy and your staff sane – then this is the one for you.
This super-efficient countertop blender is the least noisy Vitamix blender you can buy. It’s fitted with exquisite noise reduction technology that helps alleviate that standard ultra-loud unpleasant and infuriating sound that everyone hates. If you’re looking to reduce the noise of your blender, check out these tips.
Most high-powered blenders range between 85 to 95 decibels at their highest speed, which is proven to be damaging to human hearing.
This Vitamix professional blender reduces noise to only 64db – the same level as an ordinary conversation. Pretty neat, right? If you need a quiet blender, this is a lifesaver.
The reduced noise doesn’t mean that you lose out on any of the awesome specs – it’s still incredibly powerful, reliable, and delivers exceptional and consistent blending every time.
Even though it’s quiet, it’s still plenty powerful. It has the second most horsepower on our list next to the Blendtec 800. It also comes with stainless steel blades like the other Vitamix blenders.
Read more: Vitamix Quiet One Review
|Vitamix “Quiet One”
- High-Quality Suitable For Commercial Use – Top brands like Starbucks use “The Quiet One Commercial Blender.”
- Reduced Noise Level – 21% quieter than regular blenders.
- Easy Pour Spout – prevent spills and messy cleanups with its precise, easy pour spout.
- High-quality Parts – Made from high-quality metal and equipped with plastic secure sound enclosure.
- 34 Quick-blend Settings – Easily select from a variety of presets to deliver the perfect smoothie, drink, or selection of your choice.
- 6 Shortcut Buttons – Choose one of the smart shortcuts to help you create what you desire.
- Powerful motor – It comes equipped with a 3-horsepower motor that makes it one of the most powerful blenders on the market.
- Premium Cost – It’s quite expensive, and maybe isn’t the most budget-friendly option.
- Short Warranty – Warranty coverage of only three years.
- Programming Errors – Customers have reported some programming issues.
- Not Dishwasher Friendly – The parts need to be hand-washed with dish soap.
7. Best High-Tech – Vitamix A3300
This revolutionary blender from Vitamix is revolutionary, high-tech, and deserving of a place on the list of best blender for green smoothies. As part of the Ascent series from Vitamix, it retails at around $600. It is definitely much more expensive than its competitors, however the features that this blender boasts are unparalleled. It is by far the most high tech with built in bluetooth and an app.
The attractive and modern design is easy to wipe clean, with no unnecessary buttons or dials, but touchscreen controls. With a range of speed options, you can alter this to cater to your personal preferences. The programmable timer also aids this, as timings for custom recipes can be saved so you can make your frozen drinks the same way every day!
Pair with self-detect containers, forcing the base to slightly alter the blending process, catering to particular needs. Depending on the container size, the intelligent motor base will change timings for effective blending. We’ve put together an extensive list of all the Vitamix containers and compatibility.
When you’re done blending, simply add soap and water, switch on self-cleaning, and your blender is as good as new in 60 seconds.
Compared to other Vitamix blenders, this one is pricy, but it’s much more high-tech and offers more helpful features than others. The A3300 is also on our list of the best blenders for Indian food!
Check out our full breakdown: Vitamix A3300 review
- Intelligent, self-detect containers and base – Specific timings and techniques for the best result for what you want.
- Easy to use controls – Don’t spend time messing around with confusing buttons.
- Self-cleaning – No need for disassembly when it comes time to clean!
- Most expensive from the product list – At almost $600, it is an extremely pricey blender due to its extra features.
- Additional self-detect containers must be bought separately – For the price of this product, purchasing extras does not seem appealing.
8. Best Commercial Blender – Vitamix A3500
The Vitamix A3500 is one of the four models in the Ascent series, smart blender types that come with a whole host of modern technology. As a smart system blender, it offers a wealth of features to make it easier for the user to blend.
From wireless Bluetooth connectivity to the powerful motors that blend the hardest of food, it’s clear why the A3500 is so popular. It’s an easy to set up and user-friendly blender that packs a powerful punch. It comes equipped with a digital interface that makes it a whole lot more modern than previous versions.
The Vitamix A3500 is a great one for those who love to combine both technology and simplicity. This model makes processes like preparing smoothies and soups so much easier and more enjoyable.
For some food types, you won’t even need to cut it up in order for it to be blended easily with the stainless steel blades. It’s great for making super cold green smoothies because it can blend up frozen fruit. However, it doesn’t come without faults. The metal blades are an attachment that makes scraping the bottom quite tricky. And don’t remove the blades because it voids the warranty!
The high tech features of the Vitamix A3500 make it one of the best Vitamix blenders that we’ve tested.
This blender is even compatible with the Vitamix app – seriously cool! You can find 100’s of recipes and tips about what functions to use for specific recipes.
Read more: Vitamix A3500 review
Let’s take a closer look at what’s great and what’s not so great.
- Smart Functions – It’s got an impressive digital interface that is programmed with various exceptional functions to make your experience super simple.
- Transparent Lid – This makes it a lot easier to see and gives you a better view of the blended ingredients.
- High-quality Stainless Steel Blades – Premium quality laser cut steel blades provide a powerful, reliable and consistent delivery with every blend.
- Powerful motor – As part of the Ascent series blenders, this one comes with a powerful 2.2 HP motor for excellence in breaking down all food types.
- Long warranty – Comes with a 10-year warranty, providing great value for money.
- High-quality technology – Self-detecting technology controls and container sizes.
- Pulse feature – Help blends through the food evenly.
- 10-speed variable speed control – Modify the level of blending from chunky to super smooth.
- Programmable Timer – Conveniently use a timer to ensure you get the best results every time.
- Expensive – One of the more expensive Vitamix models to buy.
- Plastic features – The plastic bodywork of the blender might be offputting for some who prefer a premium type of material like glass.
- Problematic App Integration – There have been reports of problems connecting to the app with the touch interface. When using presets, it sometimes starts/stops unexpectedly (might be a safety setting).
- Few container options: no additional containers means you will need to look into buying a set of containers.
9. Best Personal – NutriBullet Personal Blender
This personal blender is the model that helped Nutribullet become the first word in food processing.
While a full-size blender can look great and make you feel like a kitchen professional, chances are if it’s just you or your partner, a giant 64oz might be overkill for whatever you’re planning to make.
The 24oz cup of this compact processor makes it a good choice as a blender for blending baby food in more manageable batches. The 600-watt motor combined with the small space of the cup makes for easy, efficient blending.
Its compact size also makes it ideal for storage when not in use, unlike other bigger models – it could be the best mixer for puree food if you’re looking for a smaller option. It’s perfect for blending up a smoothie and saving it for later. You can save a smoothie for about 3-4 days in the fridge.
The trademark simplicity of Nutribullet blenders makes them easy to clean. No matter what you’re making, the two main blending components, the cup, and blades, are easy to detach and clean.
This blender uses the traditional Nutribullet twist and blend system so it only has one speed setting. The 600-watt motor means this is still a fine blender for making pureed food, but it lacks the freedom of previous models.
- Small – Handy compact size makes it easy to store – it won’t take up much counter space or you can put it away in the cupboard.
- Simple design – Straightforward lock and process mechanism is easy to use.
- Easy cleaning – Detachable components make it easy to wash and dishwasher safe, unlike many other blenders.
- Cheap – An affordable blender for everyday use.
- Limited controls – Only one speed setting.
- Not big enough for families – Smaller 24oz cup only useable for small batches.
What Type of Blender is Best for Making Green Smoothies?
There are several different types of blenders out there for you to choose from. The standard blenders tend to be more expensive than the immersion or personal blenders.
The key to making awesome green smoothies is to use frozen fruit. This will allow you to drink the smoothie right away rather than waiting for it to cool down in the fridge.
That means we recommend getting a standard blender. If you end up getting a personal blender, it’ll work well, but not for frozen fruit.
Buyers Guide: How to Pick the Best Blender for Green Smoothies
There’s a lot to consider when comparing the best blenders for green smoothies. The most important criteria we looked at were: price, power, capacity, and overall quality.
Power and Speed
Blenders can be measured in terms of wattage, RPMs, or horsepower. Each of these quantifies how powerful the blenders are. We did our best to convert each of these data points to horsepower so that we can compare apples to apples.
The more smooth you want your green smoothies, the more powerful of a blender you’ll need. It’s helpful to know how many watts you need for a good blender.
As you can see, the Blendtec Professional 800 is the most powerful on our list with 3.8 HP.
If you’re looking for an affordable blender or are on a tight budget, you do not have to sacrifice quality to get what you’re looking for. Many high-performance, durable machines are available on the market for impressively low prices.
Before buying, you should assess your budget and consider what your priorities are when it comes to features. High-tech appliances are great, but may only offer impressive features that do not actually serve you well.
As you can see, the Ninja BL610 is the most affordable standard blender on our list! It’s got above average capacity and enough power to get the job done. We recommend using it for non-frozen fruit and just storing your smoothies in the fridge!
Blenders come in a variety of sizes. The immersion blenders don’t have a capacity limit because you use them in whatever bowl or glassware container that you’d like to use.
The standard blenders are larger while the personal ones are obviously smaller.
If you’re trying to make green smoothies in a blender, you don’t have to have a 64oz container. But we do recommend going with a bigger blender so you can make batches for the whole family or you can save some for later.
A higher blender capacity allows you to blend more at one time, though it will mean a larger size and will take up more space. In order to work out the total working capacity, calculate 50% of the total volume of your blender.
The Blendtec Professional 800 has the highest capacity at a whopping 90oz. This may honestly be more smoothie than you need? Up to you!
Materials & build quality
It’s incredibly important to consider the quality of a blender. You don’t want to be stuck with a low-quality blender that cracks or breaks after minimal use!
You should pick a blender that has stainless steel blades and come with a hard plastic or polycarbonate casing.
Do your diligent research to ensure your blender doesn’t crack under pressure when it’s put to the test. Vitamix has different ‘series’ of blenders so it could be good for you to dig into which one is right for you! Check out our Vitamix Explorian vs Ascent Series to get started.
The good news is that Vitamix offers an incredible 10 year warranty so even if you have issues, you can always get them fixed.
Common Questions About Blending Green Smoothies
Yes, you can make green smoothies in a regular blender! The key is to use the right amount of liquid. If you use too little, it won’t blend well. If you use too much, the smoothie will be too liquidy.
A Ninja blender is great for making green smoothies! That’s why we included one in our top 3. They’re powerful, affordable, and durable over the long haul.
The secret to blending leafy greens is to blend them first before you add any other ingredients. Add your greens and liquid of choice to your blender and blend it for 60 seconds.
Final Verdict: Which Blender is Right for You?
Trying to find the best blender for green smoothies comes down to several factors, such as price, capacity, power, and overall quality.
That’s why our top two picks are: